Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
smwatkin

Connecting to the internet is slow.

I have DSL connection and 5 computer on my network.  My Lenovo Desktop 3000 J Series connection is so slow when connecting to the internet.  Does anyone else have this same problem with their Desktop?  Here are the specs on this computer.  I can connect to the internet but is slower than the other computer that I have connected.  Any suggestions?

Product: 3000 J110 Operating system: Windows XP

Original description: Intel® Pentium® D Processor 820, 1GB, 250GB 7200RPM S-ATA HDD, no diskette drive, PCI/PCIe Tower (4x4), Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950, Multi-Burner Plus 16x, Broadcom Gigabit Ethernet, Windows XP Professional

Thanks!

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 139
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

Re: Connecting to the internet is slow.

hello are you sharing a single dsl connection over five desktops ??try this method once may be it will help

Click Start-->Run-->type "gpedit.msc" without the "

This opens the group policy editor. Then go to:

Local Computer Policy-->Computer Configuration-->Administrative Templates-->Network-->QOS Packet Scheduler-->Limit Reservable Bandwidth

Double click on Limit Reservable bandwidth. It will say it is not configured, but the truth is under the 'Explain' tab :

"By default, the Packet Scheduler limits the system to 20 percent of the bandwidth of a connection, but you can use this setting to override the default."

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Ideacenter Horizon

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo