Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
tomwilly

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

Rabbit,

How do you like the new set up? Do you still have one key recovery?
3000 K-100 3gigram, 500gigHD,
type 10005
model 57061330
Last support case # wn018143
Serial Port
tomwilly

Well, Lenovo is at it agian. At this point I am not even mad just amused. I have learn not to expect any thing fair form lenovo.

I called them two days ago about the repartitioning disks. Two disks to repartition and one for the OS. But although having the repair disks confirms they admitt having a problem, and the fact I have documented evidence, (case numbers- WN017-620-talked to Trevor in March 2008; WN01-8143 talked to Allen on April 3, 2008 then followed up with Shawn; and WN02-1508 on May 7, 2008) They want to charge me Ten dollars each for the disk because I am out of warranty. THANKS MARK, YOU GOT US TO WAIT.

My C partition is down to 3.5 Gig. a few more important updates from Windows and it will be full. What happens then? It locked up the last time c filled up.

I don't get the warnings because I never started the base backup.

Just to show how ineffective lenovo is, When I first registered my warranty they tried to tell my it started on Dec.14, 2007. All CS reps confirmed that my warranty started in March 2008 after I sent a fax of my reciept.

The dumest thing I did was to drop the Service Contract I had bought form Office Depot after Lenovo assured me they would take good care of thier customers.

type 10005
model 57061330
Last support case # wn018143 Kudos! Thanks!

05-15-2009 10:31 PM
(Separate tags with spaces)

type 10005
model 57061330
Punch Card
redbankweb

Geez, Tom.

What a mess from Lenovo.  I absolutely understand your point aout more amused than mad.  I resigned mysef to having a second rate PC around the New Year. 

I reformatted the HD and started fresh. I don't have anyLenovo based backup.  And I'm not sure what will happen if I need to reset the PC. But I don't have any choice, now do I?

Lenovo must think they are  the only PC manufaturers.  I will be buying twomore PCs or laptops soon as my kids go to college.  And they won't be Lenovos.

Asus from Newegg.  That's the ticket.

Fanfold Paper
fvoelling

Charging a nominal fee for shipping/handling is one thing, but $10 per disc? Are they handled/shipped separately? Come on, Lenovo, just post the files here so we can download them and burn our own discs.

Punch Card
redbankweb

The issue goes beyond the $10-$30 for the disks.

1) they sell us machines with defective engineering

2) they  don't tell us how to manage their sloppy product (install everything on D, make My Docs (et al) go to D, etc.)

3) they delay, stall and then erroneously promise a fixin the near future.

more than a year has gone by at this point

4) Then when they DO get their "fix" we are out of waranty.  As if everything was fine and then 13 months later our machines decided not to work.

It's pretty laughable.  In fact when I read TomWilly's note to my wife she DID laugh.  (NOT a happy laugh, mind you)

Maybe since I only see about 5-10 names making noise on this topic, they played the odds and figured such a small number of customers wasn't worth the investment to make ammends on the problems they sold us. 

Blue Screen Again
Ribbit50

Hi Tom

Well It worked great .  guess I am one of the lucky ones . I went onn and also got the 2 year extended warrenty .

Yes I do still have the one key recovery also . The 3 disks wored like a charm .

Sorry you haveing all the problems . All this would not have happened if they had told us to create a D drive

Ribbit

Lenovo 3000K100
Model # 57068347
Vista OS
Serial Port
tomwilly

Ain't Life Great! and is not Lenovo sorry!
The service rep that refused request for support told me she would notify her suppervisor of my problem. I got an e-mail from Kari with a disclaimer that I could not copy froward or disclose it 's contents. She simply stated that I could buy the repartition disks and did not mention that I had a documented defective computer. Sue Me.

Had a idea. I bought my lenovo with an American Express credit card that extends the manufacturer's warranty fror one year on all products, I called them and explained my trouble with my lenovo,they were kind but said they could not help because the problem was reported while still under Lenovo
warranty that it was Lenovo's responceability.

My daughter is big on product ratting sites and will post opninons everywhere. She is really mad. I now have a good reason to join Consumer Reports.
Lenovo kiss my grits.

I will use work-arounds posted here and other threads to try to get a stable computer. At least someone cares.

Tom
type 10005
model 57061330
Paper Tape
boironit

Ribbit50,

Could you burn copies of the discs and send them out if I send you the blank CDs/DVDs and a SASE?

I've had our K100 (was using it as a test workstation here in the office) sitting under my desk for over a year with exactly the same problem(s) as described in this thread. It wasn't worth my time to keep bantering back and forth with Lenovo CS and I'm definitely out of warranty at this point.

Would love it if you could help me out... I'd really like to use this system that we bought in March of 2008 and have yet to use effectively!

Fanfold Paper
fvoelling

Sign me up as well pls. I still cannot comprehend why Lenovo won't post these online for users to download. How hard can it be?

Fanfold Paper
buyapple

were any of you told that you had to pay $49.95 in addition to the $10 per disk?  That is what Iearned from"Nelson" my faithful Lenovo customer wervice representative today.  My Lenovo has been giving me the buffer blahblah blah warning for a long time now.  I do not use it much because I bought an apple.  Last week I began having performance issues that are related to the partition issue.  I moved everything as stated previously but continue to have issues.  

I, like many of you, will never buy another Lenovo product.

Can I ask what after market software product is available that will fix my problem?  am out of warranty so I am not giving Lenovo a dime for theirs.