Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
boironit

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

Well I can tell you that I used the "diskpart" utility in XP/Vista to remove the hidden EISA service partition so I had my full 320gb drive to work with again. See the explanation here:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/02/29/delete-and-remove-to-unlock-eisa-hidden-recovery-or-diagnos...

Then, as was suggested somewhere above, I edited the SATA configuration in BIOS to "Configure as IDE" rather than "ACHI" and I was able to install from my ORIGINAL Lenovo Vista Home Premium DVD without ANY issues... nothing about "no suitable partition to install to" or any other errors. It just worked beautifully. I now have a full 320gb C: without any Lenovo restore or OneKey hidden partitions, etc.

I also added a second 320gb drive as my D: again with no issues.

Hope this helps!

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Tomwilly,

I apologize - I had not been back to this thread in months as it was a closed issue in my mind - we developed the disks and were making them available through service.   I didn't realize people were being charged for them.

My guidance on asking people to wait was based on when this media would be available and it wasn't available unti Feb / March.  I was certainly not trying to push people beyond their warranty to force them to pay.

Let me look into that with our service team and see what can be done.

In the mean time, if you have not gotten the disks through alternate means, can you send me a PM with your contact information - name, address, phone, and serial from your unit.  I'll see what I can do to make this right for you.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Paper Tape
boironit

Mark,

Although I was able to get the machine up and running in an unconventional manner, I too would be interested in these disks. Support on this issue has been non-existent.

Paper Tape
ptooner

Has anyone tried using gpart to resize the partitions?  I'm debating between doing that and deleting the D partition, expanding the C partition to around 200gig and then reinstalling the D partition at a smaller size.  However, if the gpart thing really works it is reputed to be able to just shrink the d drive and expand the c into the free space.

gerry

Paper Tape
ptooner

Okay, for whoever is interested I think I have solved the too small C drive problem.  You can't expand the C drive without deleting the D drive - at least from the management console.  So, I did a complete drive image using Drive Image XML of both C and D to my backup drive which is a Maxtor 500gig.  Then I shrunk the D drive by 100 Gig.  I experimented with Drive Image at this point and found I couldn't restore to a smaller drive even though there was plenty of room (300 gig drive with 100gig data)  So, I created an E drive in the 100 gig I had removed from D and copied all my data from D to E.  Then I deleted D.  At that point I was able to expand C so I added 150gig (still with the management console) to make C 173 gig.  Next, I re-created D using the remaining free space that I had created by deleting it earlier.  Next I copied all the data from E back to D.  Last, I will delete E and extend D to fill the remaining space.  So far, everything is continuing to work but I'll be surprised if I don't have to re-install some of the programs that are on D.  That doesn't do anything about the recovery partition, but I wasn't concerned with it.  It DOES give me room to install programs on C.

Gerry

What's DOS?
biga57

Wow after all the months  of crying about   my PC and laptop ,

I got it done and all it took was a software, call  ACRONIS , DISK, DIRECTOR, SUITE.   and it work well .

Much say that I had  stop looking for a bit about it  , just went on last nite and find  this .  all I did was put it on and the rest is wow.:smileyhappy:

Now I has one  hard drive.   :smileyvery-happy:

Paper Tape
sdiver001

[ Edited ]

Hi Mark

I am having the problem with my dynamic buffer having to be releised dayley described in the post:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-Desktops/Disk-Partitioning-and-OneKey-Recovery-Feature/td-p/...

I apologize - I had not been back to this thread in months as it was a closed issue in my mind - we developed the disks and were making them available through service.   I didn't realize people were being charged for them.

My guidance on asking people to wait was based on when this media would be available and it wasn't available unti Feb / March.  I was certainly not trying to push people beyond their warranty to force them to pay.

Let me look into that with our service team and see what can be done.

In the mean time, if you have not gotten the disks through alternate means, can you send me a PM with your contact information - name, address, phone, and serial from your unit.  I'll see what I can do to make this right for you.

Best regards,

Mark

If you could send me the disks it would be a great help Do you have an email address you could have me send the info to?

Family 3000 K100

SN SS0xxxxxxx SS571226X2

SS0xxxxxxx 57068352

Thank You

Sid

Moderator Note; s/n edited for members own protection; e-mail address removed to stop the spambots getting it

Punch Card
Dobbs

Gave up on getting any resolution from Lenovo. Called India and was told it was my fault for not fixing this before my warranty ran out. They would gladly send me disks for $50 (decided to try a Lenove associate who could better relate to me and went through this board). PM'ed Mark (admin) about getting disks sent to me. He asked me to send my info and the disks would be sent. Sounded good, but I waited and waited, and my C drive remained fill to the max. I tried everything I could but eventually used a third party program to resize C. I assume I no longer have 1 key recovery, but if it was put together with as much forethought as the tiny C drive I am probably just as well off.

Nice to see how Lenovo's customer service works - tell me its my fault they designed their machine with an obvious problem and then ignore any requests for help.

Since this I have purchased a Dell (a second machine), and while I have little confidence that their tech support is any better (or different) than Lenovos, at  least Dells machine appears to be  designed with a little common sense and user functionality in mind.

I am currently in the market to replace the laptops for my business and have no intentions of going with Lenovo. My current Lenovo machine is a home pc, and while the support issues have been frustrating to say the least, I would never consider subjecting my business to such poor customer support program.

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Dobbs,

I dropped the ball on this one...

I've put in the order for the disks, and appreciate our chat via phone this afternoon.  

Sorry that we ( I ) let you down on this

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Fanfold Paper
fvoelling

Hi Mark,

I'm still waiting on my disks as well. Could you check on the status please?

Regards,

Frank