Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
lita_g

Re: Resizing the "C" Drive (OneKey needs MORE space)

BootitNG was just perfect to resize my partitions (C: and D:smileyhappy: without affecting Vista and without having to format the drive.
Desktop, Lenovo 3000 K100 57061330
MS Windows Vista
PC Linux OS
buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 139
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

hi lita

can you articulate about the bootiNgG app a bit more please many people in the forum are facing the same as your's

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Ideacenter Horizon

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Blue Screen Again
Ribbit50

I am sorry Sam I looked at it and it was more than I could handle , LOL It looked too complicated too me
Ribbit
Lenovo 3000K100
Model # 57068347
Vista OS
Serial Port
tomwilly

Question everything.
 I checked out the disk partitions as described by Mark., My hidden or un-named partition has 18 gigs of space and 18 gigs of free space. Appears there is nothing there.

I read the user's Guide before I started using my len....After fighting the recover base backup message for a month, I decided to read it again. Page 15 says I have three options for one key recovery if the operating system was installed before delivery. Because the op. sym. was there when I first booted up I assumed it was preinstaled. But I have the  four options as decribed on page 16 for when the op. sym. was not installed. The first opt. says create Base Backup after installing the operating system and common software. an exclamation point note says" Once the user has performed the operation of base backup such operation is disabled.   It is recomended to perform that operation after installing Windows operating system and the drivers & software shipped together with the computer. otherwise, the backup space is deficient."

Sounds something like our/my  problem.

But wait, If my op.sym. was preinstalled There is not suppose to be a "Create base backup" option just a "Recover the ex-factory state" and two other Opts. ..Instnt recovery and Instant backup.

Bing!!. My computer was a display model. Did office depot load the Vista and driver disks and not do the base backup. or is the computer not disabling the base  backup operationh and it is still recording data for establishing a base backup.

I do not feel safe trying to reload the disks with out expert help. and Lenovo has declined to help with software. Who do I trust?
3000 K-100 3gigram, 500gigHD,
type 10005
model 57061330
Last support case # wn018143
Punch Card
redbankweb

Punch Card
lita_g

Well, I used BootitNG according to the instructions that came with the program, it runs at bootup and it lets you resize your partitions or even create additional partitions, which is what I did in order to get Linux working too.  This didn't affect Vista as far as I could tell, but later on the computer started acting up, which I can't blame on BooitNG because I had been messing with Linux a lot.

Anyway, one thing I forgot to mention, I'm not sure if resizing C really affects the functionality of OneKey recovery as Mark mentioned on the first post, I do know that I don't think I was able to get OneKey to work on my computer, although I'm not even sure exactly what OneKey is supposed to do, I think I may post a separate thread for that.
Desktop, Lenovo 3000 K100 57061330
MS Windows Vista
PC Linux OS
Paper Tape
sarala

I am experiencing the exact problem with the "C: memory full warning message" many have written about. Any successes? What have you tried? We are just running into this problem. Thanks!
Blue Screen Again
Ribbit50

I have went back and deleated a lot of stuff that I downloaded that I really did not use . Also I have moved a lot from C Drive To D drive . I now have a little over 8 gigs of free space s do not get as many warning .
If you do games you can delete and reinstall in D drive . I am startingt this now ,
Good Luck
Lenovo 3000K100
Model # 57068347
Vista OS
Serial Port
tomwilly

This is a copy of a message I posted on the Dynamic Buffer message board on 5-11-08
Did full restore three weeks ago> everything locked up. "Insuffecent Dynamic buffer" occured while recording a TV show. Changed every file and directory to I could to D Saved all programs I could to D. got the Error message a lot less but it was getting more and more often. fearful of recording TV I lost everything that first time.

Support had me do Full recovery on a monday. "Under 7 Gs in C will not work right"
 Restarted with 15.5 Gs free in C.

Although The Programs in D were still thier they would not start and I couldn't fing a way to renstall. Downloaded Juno email and charter high speed security again had to uninstall security first but I could not find backup in juno. (I have used it before)
 Had to enter a key to restart office but they gave me 4 different ones the first time.
Security did a on line scan befor downloading and removed a virius "root??" Alot of little things do not work right.
Called support Wednesday afternoon CDT USA and got the best rep. I ever talked to. He did a work around for Favorites giving an "Unspecified Error "message.

I asked if I should create the Basic Back up in One Key Recovery. NO! NO! NO! He informed me that will start One Key to start saving for Instant recovery and fill up C and start giving all kinds of Error massages including Insuffecint dynamic buffer. That resetting back then saves that to the hidden partition and when that fill I will get more Errors.

He suggested that I use windows "recover to" system for go back to states and save One Key for Full system restore only
I still had 13.5 Gs free in C
from what I understand, Increasing the size of C does not void the warranty beyond the Use of One Key Recovery. - Windows demands that the computer works in C that things to be saved are buffered in C until saved  or  put some where else.
 I then set up windows media center to record programs into D  I keep getting error messages  when trying to download the TV guide. C stillhas 13 GS free. Finially got the guide downloaded Sat. Night but only the first 99 chanles. and dwwnload Adobe Reader. Could not change the C to a D to the Location to save to box so I gave up. Checke dthe free space in C. Down to 11 Gs.
Used the go back in system restore to pior to adding adobe but still 11Gs. Danger Danger .

Lenovo , Windows is not going to change how they work for you or me. It is up to you to redesign One Key to work with their rules  and sent new operating system to all K3000 owners. It is the right thing to do.

3000 K-100 3gigram, 500gigHD,
type 10005
model 57061330
Last support case # wn018143
Punch Card
redbankweb

tomwilly Just a real quick thought...make sure your recorder isn't using your C: drive as a temp folder for what you are recording.  I'm not sure how to determine that (would depend on the program you use), but if may be an issue for you.  Good luck.