Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
johnp606

Re: Resizing the "C" Drive (OneKey needs MORE space)

I was given a hit from Lenovo Support for my 3000 K100 57068347

1.  START
2.  Right click on DOCUMENTS
3.  PROPERTIES
4.  CHOOSE LOCATION
5.  C to D
6.  APPLY
7.  O.K.

This will shift those folders automatically.
Blue Screen Again
Ribbit50

Thanks John
This works !!!!!!!!!!!
Ribbit
Lenovo 3000K100
Model # 57068347
Vista OS
Punch Card
johnp606

We need to try to help ourselves since Lenovo does not seem to be interested in correcting a problem thay created.

I must admit that the computer was a good buy, but a great disapointment.  If I knew what I now know, I would not have touched a Lenovo product.
Blue Screen Again
Ribbit50

I think there is a lot of us out here have the same view John
Lenovo 3000K100
Model # 57068347
Vista OS
Punch Card
johnp606

I have been advised to wipe out the partitions and not even worry about the Lenovo recovery system.

If I continue to have problems I may take that advice.  There are numerous backup programs avilable, some free.
Punch Card
redbankweb

Hi again everyone.  Sorry we have to keep meeting under these circumstances. :smileyhappy:

A week's gone by and here's what I did.

I moved EVERY (even the tiniest) program I could to my D: drive.

Another thing I found out that had puzzled me.   When I searched each folder and added up the filesize total of a user account, it totaled about 200MB.  When I searched properties of the entire folder it showed 2.5 GB!  All those hidden and system files really added up.

So I removed this user account.  (At this point, I had no choice).

So all my tinkering brought the free space up to about 9GB.  It has run fine since then with no warnings.

Without all the buffer and one key recovery issues aside, my machine has worked very well.  It's unfortunate that this engineering issue and lack of support from Lenovo has clouded up my experience with them.  Sadly, I will avoid Lenovo in the future and advise others to do so.
Serial Port
tomwilly

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

:smileymad:
Thanks for the suggestion to see if TV recordings are saved in C Partition. I did set up programs to recxord into D in Media Center. But The Recording is buffered in C. And what I understant from support, That connot be changed. It's controled by Windows. But if anyone knows a way, that would allow me to run Ok with less free space in C. Thatg gread news on how to move all Documents to D with one action I have been going through all the Files changing one at a time and I have done that four times. I did my four restore to factory Sunday night staRTED WITH 15.5 gS FREE GUT AFTER reloading Office and Lexmark that would not accept going into D, I am down to 11.5. I can only see trouble coming. I guess I will try support again One afternoon, Something has to change.
3000 K-100 3gigram, 500gigHD,
type 10005
model 57061330
Last support case # wn018143
Punch Card
redbankweb

FYI:  Office can be installed on D:  It's on a screen after you enter the serial number code.  Look for a button called "CUSTOMIZE"  (iirc).

With Lexmar printer drivers...I'm not familiar directly with them, but see if you can do the same thing.  Also, make sure they aren't loading extra stuff you make not evcer use that's taking up space.  (OCR software for instance if you never OCR)

Good luck!
Serial Port
tomwilly

SOMETHING IS GOOD.
As i stated above, My C partition was down to 11.5 gigs after full restore on Sunday night. It stayed there all week, until tonight (Friday) . I checked when I booted up and free space was up to 13.6 gigs!
WHAT DID I DO!
Last night I set up restore to points in Vista. and I Uninstalled adobe media player and reinstalled it into D. That is all I can think of. Still I am just hopeful but not confident.
type 10005
model 57061330
Serial Port
tomwilly

I seem to have killed the blogs on this thread. I hope everyone has their 3000 running good. Mine is still doing good. Free space in C varies from 13 to 11.5 GBs. Don't know why but no warnings. Thanks for everyone's help. Yes you too Lenovo.
type 10005
model 57061330