Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
kenorian

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

If you could post those services, this is the solution I'm going to use.
Lenovo 3000 K100 57061330 Intel Desktop Computer - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz, 3GB DDR2, 500GB SATA, SATA DVDRW, Windows Vista Home Premium, Nvidia G-Force 8600, external Maxtor 500GB backup disk.
JCP
Fanfold Paper
JCP

[ Edited ]

kenorian wrote:
If you could post those services, this is the solution I'm going to use.

I will post it tonight when I get home.

John.

Message Edited by JCP on 08-01-2008 03:35 PM
Blue Screen Again
Ribbit50

Please let us know ok

Ribbit

Lenovo 3000K100
Model # 57068347
Vista OS
Fanfold Paper
TonynCamille

Hi all.  I'm new to the game and must say, the reading is interesting.

Here's my story and then a couple of questions.

I followed the recommendation to do the Base Back Up because it seemed like the right thing to do.  Some time soon thereafter, the Update Base Back up was recommended to address a low free buffer.  My C: Drive was filling up.  This increased in frequency.  Then I made the move to download and install Vista SP1.  Game over.  Windows would not load and  the computer was dead.  this is where it got interesting.

I went to the doctors on 7/9 who sent me for an MRI on 7/11 who sent me to the hospital immediately which lead towards Brain Surgery on 7/14 and I arrived home on 7/16.  FYI, I;m in treatment feel great and am optimistic about a long future.

Meanwhile, I ended up reformating the C partition and reloading my Vista OS.  After some other reloading of programs and adding all updates (including Vista SP1) it's running fine.  In fact, the data was all very well preserved and after remapping the folder locations from C: to D: just about all preset things came back.

My concern is that there doesn't appear to be any ONEKEY Recovery on my machine at all.  MAybe that's a good thing.

What would you recommed:

1: Increase C: partition and use Vista's restore program?

2: Try to load ONE KEY Recovery?

If 1 is the right choice, I'll take any helpful hints.

Info: Lenovo 3000 K100, 2 Quad proc, Q6600, 3Gb DDR2, 500Gb Sata II, Vista Home Premium 

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 139
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

excatly how did you re-install vista??did you do a one key recovery?or installed it from an retail version disk?in any manner loosing one key recovery means that you may loose vista as we(your licensed copy)

ps:you have not mentioned your country in which you live providing your country's name helps us to give more region specific information (because the same model may vary from country to country)

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Ideacenter Horizon

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Fanfold Paper
TonynCamille

Thanks for the response.  I live in Buffalo, NY USA.

I used the Lenovo Prpduct Recovery DVD which contained an English version of Windos Vista 32 BIT Home Premium.

The only option I had was to either reformat the C: partition and reload Vista or to try and load it onto D:  I chose to reformat it and reload it.

Here's my current loading on the 30 Gb C partition:

Windows is 14.1 Gb

Users has 1.87 Gb

Program Files has 1.87 Gb

Total =17.84 Gb

Seems like there should be 12 Gb free however, it tells me there is 5.24Gb free on the C partition which seems too close.

?1: Why such a huge discrepancy?  

?2: Should I uninstall programs from C and reinstall in D?

?3: Should I try to get ONEKEY Recovery back or should I use the Vista tool people have mentioned above?

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 139
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

if it indeed tells that you only have 5 gb of space left may be the hidden partition has taken up ur valube space....by the way does your system perform base backups regularly?that may be the cause of concern as well....

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Ideacenter Horizon

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Fanfold Paper
TonynCamille

I am almost positive that my ONEKEY Recovery is not on the computer since I reloaded the Operating system to C: therefore, I don't think it's performing Base Backups and I'm not prompted for it.

How do I know it ONEKEY Recovery is working some where?

Also, the Hidden partition is 18 Gb and completely free.  It's hidden files or folders in C partition that seems to be expanding but I can't see it.  Is there a way to make the hidden files/folders visible?

With that said, the the free space in C partition is now at 4.67 Gb.  The only thing I did was add a user.  I remapped all the new user folder locations to D: so it doesn't make sense to me that it adds a more than .5 Gb to C partition.  At this rate, the C partition will be filled shortly.

Punch Card
kenorian

Haven't heard back regarding the services but, when I called Lenovo today they suggested:

Go into Add/Remove programs and just uninstall OneKey recovery

Does this sound as though I'll then stop getting nagged to update the Base Backup?

Lenovo 3000 K100 57061330 Intel Desktop Computer - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz, 3GB DDR2, 500GB SATA, SATA DVDRW, Windows Vista Home Premium, Nvidia G-Force 8600, external Maxtor 500GB backup disk.
Fanfold Paper
TonynCamille

Thanks for the idea.  Where do I get to Add/Rmove Programs?