Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
IggyAZ

Years having this problem but no answers from Lenovo

It amazes me that this problem about the hidden directory has been going on for years and still Lenovo doesn't want to tell anyone about changing C: Drive will give you problems with OneKey.

Punch Card
paul1149

Re: Years having this problem but no answers from Lenovo

Four years after the original post, and this problem has only been studiously ignored by Lenovo, to the untold harm of its customers. This goes a long way in reflectng a serious lack of good will.

What would it take to incorporate a remapping facility in OKR in the event of partition changes? As it stands, one simple change in the partition map renders the entire scheme defunct. And of course, you can't even game the system by restoring to a previous image and then selecting the original windows.okr image.

Hours wasted here, and I know I'm not the worst case by far. I even have a system image I can fall back on, but I wanted to go back to factory.

The G550 is a great machine, but this is a huge chasm in Lenovo support. Kudos to the hardware guys; not so much to the software division. Pathetic.

Paper Tape
mamas

missing shortcut to onekeyrecovery. help..

I just have a lenovo C200 AIO. when windows 8 preview release came, I chose to try to upgrade from windows 7 home basic computer luggage. I just realized if when choosing to upgrade it just like a fresh install. I lost all the programs on drive C. that makes me more disappointed touchscreen was not working. I do not know why.

I finally decided to return to onekeyrecovery, but I did not find the way there. I know we can just press the F2 key when the computer is booting, but I do not find it, there is an option only F1 (setup) and F12. then I chose to manually reinstall windows 7 HB, in the process of reinstalling, I know there is a primary partition of 25.07 GB with the label "OEM Partition".

when using the new Windows 7 that I also found something similar in the Computer Management, Disk Management. but still I could not find a way to get into recovery mode because the "F2" is missing. and I also realized if the experience of using the built-in windows 7 is more fun than others.

is there someone who can help me to find a way to onekeyrecovery it ..?

thx (sory for my bad english)Undo edits

Paper Tape
enzzzo

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

[ Edited ]

I have found how to make OneKey Recovery Feature work again after any kind of operation on disk partition if the service partition wasn't deleted. To fix that you will need a partition editor application, linux livecd with GParted works great for that (it can be downloaded here http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php. All you need to do is to change the flag of the service partition to "diag" (it's very easy, but if someone won't be able to that, the description is here: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=help-manual#gparted-manage-partition-flag. After that operation One Key Recovery will load from the hidden partition if you start your laptop by pressing One Key Recovery button.

Punch Card
abdelrahim

Very useful post but unfortunately read it after partitioning  the Cdrive in Lenovo H520s

Punch Card
redbankweb

Lenovo's solution is to ignore this issue.  My solution is to shop elsewhere.  Since this issue occured I've bought from Asus and Dell.  I don't even consider Lenovo is my buying decisions anymore.

That PC that gave me so many problems and wasted so much of my time is now a collection of parts.  But my memory lives on.  As well as my ability to inform others of terrible engineering and worse customer service.

Punch Card
abdelrahim

Finally , I had to pay 38 euro for the recovery cd to fix my H520S Which i only purchased 2 weeks back.Lenovo says the cd is free but they charge 18 euro as service charge  and 12 euro for vat !! .As lenovo knows the defect  ,they should have  written  it clearly and in red not to partition the Cdrive and should have sent a recovery cd  free with every  pc otherwise, nobody is going to buy a lenovo product for a second time...

Paper Tape
MAKDEAR

Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

Hi... I have purchased lenovo ideapad s405 yesterday. As instructed i have resized the partition of windows(418Gb) to 100GB. But after completing the process my system prompted a reboot and after reboot my OS is crashed. I cant even access one touch recovery too. I need urgent help in this issue

regards

Ashok

Paper Tape
enzzzo

Makdear, look at my previous post at this page. You will find there how to make OneKey Recovery Feature to work again. After that you will be able to restore your computer to factory setting or to the previous restory point (if you had done a restory point before)

Paper Tape
xTWAPilot

My H320 came with an oversimplified User's Guide.  It warns about changing the partitions affecting OneKey Recovery.  However, the discussion speaks of a "service partition" and the C drive.  It DOES NOT describe which of the 3 partitions is the "service partition".  When I pull up the OS Storage Manager, I see a "SYSTEM RESERVED" partition (100MB), a C drive (440 Gb), and an OEM partition (about 25Gb) that is not named.  The SYSTEM RESERVED partition is only 100MB, which is not enough room for much of anything, so I assume it is the OneKey Recovery program.  No mention of whether or not the User can do anything with the unnamed OEM partition.

So.... which is the "service partition"?  The unnamed OEM partition or the SYSTEM RESERVED partition?   BTW: my drive D is an Optical Drive.... and there are no other drive letters.

The problem?  Lenovo should make a better effort informing users of the features.  Other than the above, not one mention of BIOS.  This is irresponsible.  My last Lenovo product.