Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
TonynCamille

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

Why can't Vista's back-up and recovery do the same thing as Acrosis True Image?
Punch Card
johnp606

Good news, maybe.

I have had nothing but trouble with my compurer since the day I got it.  5 hard drives later I was told to send my computer to their repair center.  I got it today and it was given a new hard drive and mother board.

I started it and looked to see how my "C" drive was doing, as far as memory.

Guess what.  It only has a "C" drive, no "D".  It has 244 GB free out of 277 GB available on a 320 GB drive.  I figured that I had problems and would have to send it back.  I called Lenovo and they told me that they had so many complaints that they changed things and now only have the "C" partition.

They say that ONE KEY recovery and all other functions work just fine.  All they did was change things to help their customers.

If the machine holds up I think I might like this computer.  The first 5 months have been rough, but I may be doing well from now on.

I hope they come out with a way to help everyone.

Blue Screen Again
Ribbit50

THAT IS GREAT MAYBE THEY WILL DO SOMETHING FOR THE REAST OF US

Ribbit50

Lenovo 3000K100
Model # 57068347
Vista OS
Punch Card
Boblink

Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

Why does my Hard Disk Drive (HDD) capacity appear to be smaller than expected?

(This tip applies to Lenovo 3000 Y410, IdeaPad Y510, IdeaPad Y710, and Lenovo 3000 K100 Desktops)

Lenovo creates three partitions on the installed Hard Disk Drive:

·          The smaller drive commonly known as the C drive which contains Windows and your pre-installed software. The C drive should NOT be resized otherwise your OneKey recovery may no longer operate.

·          The larger drive known as the D drive which is ready for storing your personal data files such as videos, music, pictures etc. Both the C and D drives are visible in Windows but the D drive is MUCH larger to hold all your personal data. The C drive should NOT be resized otherwise your OneKey recovery may no longer operate.

·          The Service Partition (the partition without a drive letter) is used by the OneKey recovery system to backup and recover the C partition. This invisible partition requires only 18GB to 20GB of HDD space. The service partition should NOT be deleted otherwise your OneKey recovery will no longer operate.

===============================================================================

A few questions about OneKey Recovery:

- It appear that OneKey is a BackUp program for the "C" Drive ONLY and that the data on the "D" Drive will NOT be backed-up by OneKey.  Is this correct?

-  WHAT is the difference between  OneKey version 5.2 and version 5.0 (i.e. what does 5.2 do that 5.0 did do)?

-  Can the Service Partition (where OneKey stores the backup images) be moved (to enable MORE space on the "C" Drive and stop the Dynamic Buffer message from appearing)?

Thank you,

Bob 

What's DOS?
biga57

It is OK for u to put all this here, but all that u are saying I have done . And still same thing   some thing needs to be done About it   at first I like the brand,  so much that I told my wife to get it in a laptop for her work    now I am sorry  cause  the poor woman is working more on getting this &&&&&&  , off the lap, then doing her work. I am sick of it.  

And me on the desktop.  Need to stop telling any one about this brand, don't get me wrong I think it is a great , just leave it  in one  .

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

All,

We have a solution now that will completely reconfigure your hard drive and rebuild it with a single C partition.   We have released this to production with our CD/DVD media fulfillment partner, and we are testing the process now, ordering some production media through the process to ensure things will go smoothly for our customers.

I would expect the process to be ready for customers within about a week baring any troubles.

Customers will be responsible for backing up their data to another drive , a second physical drive, a USB attached drive, or burning it to a CD or DVD to re-install after the new config of their drive.

I'll expect to have another update and more information later this week.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Punch Card
redbankweb

Any new news?  My wife (and her bothersome warnings and needs to "recover") have been waiting with baited breath.  She was about ready to pull my hair out.

Any updated word/timeframe woud be appreciated.

Paper Tape
RunningHard

Big problems.

OneKey Recovery came up with a message that it was using a lot of disk space.

My wife didn't know what to do so she clicked on "Recover Base Backup" which took the system back to where it was when we first got the computer in August 2008. That was the only time I used the OneKey software.

We have lost all our files and email message/contacts.

Is there a disk recovery method to get the files back?

LENOVO IC K210 DC 1.6/4GB/500/DVDRW/VHP DT

Punch Card
redbankweb

Mark_Lenovo wrote:

I'll expect to have another update and more information later this week.

Mark

Next week it will be two months.   May we have a fairly accurate update?

Serial Port
dlfetters

Why are there there two separate identical entries in two separate locations for this subject? At least that is the way it appears to me.