Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
TonynCamille

Re: Disk Partitioning and OneKey Recovery Feature

Mark,

I last posted in August of 2008.  I had run out of C space and my computer had shut down.  With the help of an IT guy, I reformated C: (not D: ), and it worked.  I never saw any files, folders, programs, dialogs or pop-ups concerning OneKey Recovery ever again.  My C: drive is getting packed again.  There's not much for me to remove and make space.

Should I resize C: before it gets too full to work?

Should I even consider trying to get One Key Recovery again?

Does it even work?

I would appreciate a response.

Paper Tape
Nowhere_Man

I've got a similar situation with resizing system partition (originally 100 Gb) on Lenovo S10-2. Only, I've deleted all partitions (incl. 2 hidden ones) and created 2 new ones. Now I realize that Onekey Restore function could be useful; and I just can't stand having a button on the keyboard that has no function at all :smileyhappy: . Thus, a couple of question:

1. Is it possible somehow to restore the Onekey functionality? I understand that when pessing this Onekey restore button the system refers to some area on the hard drive to start Onekey restore, there is no in-built recovery facility, like BIOS. Can I recreate this hard drive area and place a system image there (image that I can create with the help of Onekey recovery in Windows environment)?

2. If not, can I change a shortcut to this button, to make it useful, cause Onekey recovery application can only make a system image (.wsi), which is of no further use.

Thank You!

Punch Card
kenorian

Ages ago I bit the bullet - bought another hard disk, created two partitions, copied the C and D data to it and blew away all the Lenovo sh!t.  I do a weekly backup and have been happy. 

This was the first PC I bought complete instead of building my own.  It was my last.

Lenovo 3000 K100 57061330 Intel Desktop Computer - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz, 3GB DDR2, 500GB SATA, SATA DVDRW, Windows Vista Home Premium, Nvidia G-Force 8600, external Maxtor 500GB backup disk.
Paper Tape
TheBigIndian

Need help bad

I dont care about one key recovery!

C Drive is bare bones but still full 10 MB left

How do I make it Bigger ??????? with out losing installed software

THanks in advance

TBI

Fanfold Paper
gmsaylor

How do I initiate the one key recovery

IPnaSh
Kudos: 369
Solutions: 126

Two options:

• Pressing the OneRecovery Key.
  • Starting OneKey Recovery application from Windows.

Best regards.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Paper Tape
frogtog

not sure if this has been answered but I repartioned my hd on my lenovo k1000 using the linux software (I forgot the name but its a freeware) thatt he local computer store gave me. If I recall C: was setup for only 90gb of the 500gb and that filled up quick. Also, one key recovery appears to be still working but I never have had to use it.

Paper Tape
frogtog

Ok, I believe it was GParted that I used. It was very easy to use. I also used it to partition the 2nd hd I put in the desktop. GParted is available online for free.

Paper Tape
TaperChuck

Hi. It's my first post here. :smileyhappy:

I have a Lenovo 3000 K100 (57061330). Can someone please point me to the official Lenovo fix for the small C: drive problem on this computer? I've looked at lots and lots of threads about this issue, but can't find an official Lenovo fix.

I'm not a computer techy... Is that a patch or something I can run that will make the C: bigger and still allow the One Key Recovery feature working?

I'd even be willing to do the One Key Recovery thing and start with a fresh install.

I just need to know exactly what to do to fix the C: problem.

Thank you in advance.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
jaxkodex

This feature is really really useful, as you migth see brings a lot of problems... The better way to handle thios is to perfom a clean installation and back it up into dvds (after you tunned it up). If you messed up with the system... I would say use a live cd (linux is a good idea), or a rescue recovery disk like hirens boot, back all up and perform the clean installation. I personally got this problen and it got to call lenovo suppoert to get my recovery disks (they don't give them with the product), that will also solve the problem but it will get you in the same problem at the begining... after I performed a clean install upgrading my system... ang got the drivers problem... any way, you got to do a hard job...