Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
OBARmuscle

Re: H430 Audio CD's skips and stutters!

Thanks for the help. I'll give them a call now. 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
OBARmuscle

Had the tech come out, changed the CD/DVD drive. Still messed up. He called while he was here, updated the drivers, and checked software. Still messed up.

The tech left and they called me to run through the problems, I gave them access to my comp and they went in and messed around with stuff for 2 hours, and it was still messed up. 

Basically said "it must a compatibility issue with Windows 7" and media players....

Anyone else using Windows 7 having these issues of stuttering when trying to play some Audio CD's? (The same CD's play great on my brother's Windows Vista)

Solutions or Simple fixes? Or should I just wait it out til I upgrade to Windows 8 and see if the problem is fixed?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
OBARmuscle

??

Ctrl-Alt-Del
OBARmuscle

I'm gonna be pretty upset if I wait for the Windows 8 update and half of my CD's still don't work.

Retired Employee
NINE

hi OBARmuscle,

Thanks for postig yourconcerns and sorry fornot replying on time. Was tied to some other cases. I was analysing ur cases with some friends of mine, I was wondering when you play ur CD's do you use the window media or some other software to play music?

Do let me know..

regards

Ctrl-Alt-Del
OBARmuscle

I've tried with WIndows media and other formats like VLC media player...It's almost like the players aren't compatible w/the windows 7.

Retired Employee
NINE

hi OBARmuscle,

Just a quick here, if you go in to the control panel, what type of lenovo software do see installed? Do see a software called RIC or any audio software that has to do with Lenovo?

Do let me know.

regards

Ctrl-Alt-Del
OBARmuscle

No sorry, i don't see anything like that in the Control Panel.

Retired Employee
NINE

hi OBARmuscle,

I kept on searching for a solution for your issue and what I'm about to ask to check on may seem a little off. I checked on a couple of thing and have been advised that either the Mcafee Antivrus or the Ethernet can cause this stutter issue. Though I'm not sure 100% if this can work for you but some of the folks i spoke to informed that it has worked for them. So I thought this is worth the shot.

1 ) If you have Mcafee Antivirus installed, try uninstalling it and check for the changes.

2) Maybe caused by the ethernet. You will need to go the control panel > Click on Network & Sharning Center > Click on "Change Adapter Settings" (Located on the top left pane) > Right Click "Local area Connections" and click on Properties.  Once a new window appears, > Look for "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IP) and uncheck it. 

Check for the changes then. I'm still unsure what the relation is but the folks I spoke to seem to get theirs to be rectified that way.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Punch Card
ankitvish

Kindly please update your cd rom bios update from lenovo support it might be the problem where it might be having some issue then make the cd rom the first bootable option and then try it will definietly help u

Thanks and regards
ankit