Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Tholepin

Lenovo All in One 3000 c100 78691-EU

Two year old computer/warranty motherboard replacement one year ago for Ethernet sensitivity problem (which it didn't fix).  Now have hardware problem with replacement motherboard and it probably needs to be replaced (random hang and unable to run diagnostics with boot disk).  No part number for motherboard available from Lenovo.  I find many numbers on the motherboard but they don't seem mean anything to suppliers.  Can anyone identify this motherboard part number?  Anyone have any success finding a replacement?  

Fanfold Paper
Menagerie

Re: Lenovo All in One 3000 c100 78691-EU

I am a retired IBM/Lenovo engineer. The C100 part numbers are to be found at the end in the online C100 Hardware Maintenance Manual. This is found at

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/41w7534_01.pdf

The part number you want is 41W1158 and you will find lots of them on eBay or around the web if you search on this number!?

HOWEVER and be warned!! It is NOT EASY to replace the board? There is a HIGH chance you will damage the system irrevocably. The better (and cheaper!) solution is to pick up a C100 with a broken screen say on eBay and then buy a new screen for it! Upgrade the CD/DVD to a combo DVD-RW Dual Layer and make the memory up to 2Gb and you will have a good system. Over the years I have bought 30-40 for a chariyt I support at an average of about £40 and reworked them for another £10 and have a really nice working system to use or sell on (Pssst? I have four ready to go if you want one?) Demand always exceeds the time I have available to fix them up though!!

Good luck

Tony 

Fanfold Paper
Tholepin

[ Edited ]

Thanks, Tony, for the detailed response.  The mother/main board you referenced doesn't look like mine.  The one in my model is rectangular with no cutouts.  Are you sure that this one will fit?  I watched the technician replace the original and it didn't seem all that difficult, definitely requiring a methodical approach and accounting for all the plug-ins.  I feel comfortable with that but there may be some pitfalls that I didn't notice.  

The numbers on my motherboard don't seem to match up with any that suppliers have.  Under the 'lenovo VER: 2.1' label on the bottom of the board there is a barcode and the following set:  11211011719ZZ0DS035026.  Just above this and also on the motherboard, there is another barcode with the numbers 40618683123E.  There are lots of other numbers but they are small and seem to relate to the components of the board.  Does this provide any help?  I tried to past a photo from Word but it doesn't seem to take.

Fanfold Paper
Tholepin

I was creating new text by editing my initial response which may get lost in the shuffle so I am repeating part and adding new in this post.

The numbers on my motherboard don't seem to match up with any that suppliers have.  Under the 'lenovo VER: 2.1' label on the bottom of the board there is a barcode and the following set:  11211011719ZZ0DS035026.  Just above this and also on the motherboard, there is another barcode with the numbers 40618683123E.  There are lots of other numbers but they are small and seem to relate to the components of the board.  Does this provide any help?  I tried to paste a photo from Word but it doesn't seem to take.

I think I have the nub of the problem as far as motherboard identification.  The manual that Tony linked is for the 3000 c100 but in IBM/Lenovo's wisdom they also created a laptop with the same basic number.  Mine is the All in One desktop which may be similar in performance but has a much different internal configuration.  This model of the All in One apparently came in two versions, and the 78691-EU is the one I have.  It seems to be a lost child so any help would be appreciated.