Support in other languages: 
JCP
Fanfold Paper
JCP
Accepted Solution

Lenovo supplied OEM trial version of Trend PC-cillin Internet Security 2007

[ Edited ]

I just found out that the bundled OEM Trial License of Trend Micro's PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 that came bundled on my Lenovo 3000-K100 with Vista Home Premium doesn't have a working Anti-Spam component.  From the Trend  Knowledge Base Article 1036053 it says "Note: You can only use the Anti-Spam Tool Bar on Windows XP.  It is not available in Windows 2000 or Windows Vista."

I've been struggling to get the Anti-Spam working in Vista and Outlook 2002 for the past 2 nights.  Sheesh...nice going Lenovo in picking a non-Vista Compatible Security Partner. :smileymad:

I strongly recommend removing this program and getting ANY other Security Software that fully supports Vista (look for the Vista Logo).  Symantec/Norton or Kaspersky  are my best recommendations.

John

Message Edited by JCP on 07-29-2008 03:10 PM
Paper Tape
ericwl

Re: Lenovo supplied OEM trial version of Trend PC-cillin Internet Security 2007

a free upgrade to IS 2008 is available which supports Vista fully.

It was stupid of Lenovo to ship 2007 which preceded GA of Vista...

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 140
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

hello

did you guys try out avast?its free for home use and has a complete set of goodies that will satisfy you

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
JCP
Fanfold Paper
JCP

samavedam_vijay wrote:

hello

did you guys try out avast?its free for home use and has a complete set of goodies that will satisfy you

Actually I've used Avast a long time ago.  I prefer the Free Security Tools from Comodo .  According to both PCWorld and PC Mag, Comodo is a Top Tier Security Vendor.
JCP
Fanfold Paper
JCP

[ Edited ]

ericwl wrote:

a free upgrade to IS 2008 is available which supports Vista fully.

It was stupid of Lenovo to ship 2007 which preceded GA of Vista...

Apparently it is not free... The 90 day OEM Trial of IS 2007 will not convert to a 90 day OEM trial of IS 2008 - I've tried and even got these responses from 2  different Trend Technical Support People:

I have reviewed your case and I understand that you have an invalid serial number.

The free upgrade is for single license only. The serial number taht you have is for multi license. You can contact the distributor of the computer for more inquiry.

And the second response: 

As per the first engineer who handled your case, the free upgrade is only valid for single user serial numbers. Multi user serial number such as yours is program specific which means it can only work for 2007 version. We are sorry to tell you that we can not provide a serial number for the 2008 version. We suggest to install PC-Cillin 2007, even though the program is older, we can assure you that it can also provided same protection as the 2008 version.

Trend Customer Support is non-existant IMHO.

John

Message Edited by JCP on 08-01-2008 03:32 PM
buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 140
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

yeah i use commodo too but its just better to have two rather than one isnt it?:smileywink:

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
JCP
Fanfold Paper
JCP

[ Edited ]

I just like to run one of the best.  I had a bad experience with running two...one detected the signature files of the other and partially removed it causing my Internet connection to fail. :smileymad: 

Just released is Kaspersky IS 2009 which has full AntiSpam support for Vista and the email clients Outlook/Windows Mail, The BAT!, and now Thunderbird.  Very slick, fast and thorough...just like a security suite should be. :smileyhappy:

John

Message Edited by JCP on 08-05-2008 12:24 PM