Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
lenofyps
Accepted Solution

Make smaller Partition C: and create D:

When I got last week my lenovo 300 the hard disk has only one big usable partition C: though the dealer told me that there will be C: and D:. I tried to create a second partition D: for data or to make C: smaller by Partition Magic, but it did not work. The lenovo did not accept the new values shown by Partition Magic.
Because I urgently need two partitions, I ask what to do. Is it possible at all to depart C: or is there a barrier due to the recovery system? In this case I have to return the lenovo to the dealer.
lenofyps
Punch Card
lita_g

Re: Make smaller Partition C: and create D:

[ Edited ]
Try using BooIt NG, I used that to repartition my drive and it didn't affect Windows or anything.

You can find it at BootItNG

*Edited to add URL.

Message Edited by lita_g on 04-09-2008 02:18 PM
Desktop, Lenovo 3000 K100 57061330
MS Windows Vista
PC Linux OS
Fanfold Paper
lenofyps

I did it: Because no partitioning program worked, I installed an older Win XP OEM disk on the Lenovo with the Lenovo's product key.  By this way I left the recovery partition on the harddisk an created a new smaller partition C. for windows and later for all other software. After starting by windows I created a new partition D: in the unpartitioned part of the harddisk using the diskadministration. The registration with microsoft run without any problem.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
eng223

So than is your recovery partition still accessible? When you created the C: drive you say you also made a D: drive also?  Last all of this is now on your big hard drive, what about a second hard drive,  dual boot ?    I picked up Avanquest Professional Perfect Image for $10 after rebate frin Fry's just to see if I could use that to access the hidden recovey software. ( A big problem for a few of us in the other post )

Also don't forget to read about how we wrote over the hidden post and made one big C: drive. 

Hope that helps.
Lenovo 3000K100 Intel Core2 Quad Vista Home Premium BFG 8800GT-OC 512MB PCIe 500GB SATA HD 4GB PC-5300 DDR2 DVD +/- RW DL x2 SATA Creative X-FI Pro + Mods
Blue Screen Again
Ribbit50

Hi
I looked at this Bootit , It just looks to complicated to this 80 year old man , lol .
Will I have to delete all my games etc then star over . I just bought this computer last month and these warning signs keep poping up . I tyried deleting one game and done a reinstall but there were no way to put it in the D drive ???
Help
Lenovo 3000K100
Model # 57068347
Vista OS
Blue Screen Again
Ribbit50

Sill have the warning

I though yesterday all was well I went ALL DAY with out that thing popping up . Then this morning it was back . Well I did what it said . It still came back . It says I have 4.31 free space . I am like one of you said on this forem WHY DOES LENOVO letis get out to us poor souls . Why don't they put a upgrade out to help us solve this thing . Here we have D drive sitting over there with aqll that space and we can not get to it . I tried deleateing programs and reinstalling them and they just went back to C drive . I am sending it back if I can .
Hope they read this .
Ribbit50
Lenovo 3000K100
Model # 57068347
Vista OS
Ctrl-Alt-Del
eng223

Re: Sill have the warning

Hey Ribbit50,

If you are a bit savvy and want to reformate the drive like a few of us did you could... get one of the backup software that is on the other post to backup you system or... just go for it and reinstall Vista and make 1 big C: drive. The Lenovo hidden partition is still there and can be accessed in Bios screen using the Red Ring button on the Keyboard.  Gotta say that this System rocks even though we paid a bit for it.
Lenovo 3000K100 Intel Core2 Quad Vista Home Premium BFG 8800GT-OC 512MB PCIe 500GB SATA HD 4GB PC-5300 DDR2 DVD +/- RW DL x2 SATA Creative X-FI Pro + Mods
Blue Screen Again
Ribbit50

Thanks eng223 Well I deleated some stuff and finnaly got the free space up to 5.78  and the warning thing did not pop up . if it keeps up will do what you suggest , or will take it to shop to do it .
Thanks again
Ribbit

Lenovo 3000K100
Model # 57068347
Vista OS
Ctrl-Alt-Del
eng223

OK but taking it to the shop is a waste of money IMHO. Pc are like cars but easier. With some instructions from the post here you can easily reformat the Hard Drive on your own and even recover the Factory settings and software. I do have other post that address the software issue.  Be confident and go forth...
buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 149
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 120

do not resize the c partition you may loose the resuce and recovery functionality

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo