Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
netware

No sound from desktop lenovo 3000 j series upgrade win 7

Since I upgrade to win 7 not getting no sound from my speakers. It says no audio output device is installed. can someone tell me what to do?

Thanks

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 141
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 119

Re: No sound from desktop lenovo 3000 j series upgrade win 7

Welcome to the forums!

Windows 7 has some inbuilt diagnostics to check for your sound issues

Go to control panel and select troubleshooting your sound devices

You can also go thorugh this thread at microsoft answers

If you still have a problem with your sound device make sure that is compatabile with windows 7,you may need to run the windows 7 upgrade advisor

If the upgrade advisor finds the required drivers it will point out the link to you.

Hope this helps

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Paper Tape
dwlau

There are many queries on how to get sound back for your Lenovo 3000 after upgrade or rebuild. I have just finished fixing the sound driver and multimedia controller issues for my 3000J (Type 8258) for my Windows XP SP3 after a long search and investigation so I want to put this out there so that my experience may be useful for anyone who is tackling similar sound driver issues. Here is the link I got the working driver, http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS002311

or

you can search on google with "Realtek AC97 audio driver and software - 3000 J100, J105 / ThinkCentre A35, E50, E51" which should take you there.

For resolving the sound issue, besides installing the sound driver (read the Installation Instructions for Realteck AC97 ...) you may need to resolve one hidden or not obvious problem after finishing the above . Pay attention to the message telling you where the drivers are ended up during the driver installation process because you may need to know if you still don't hear any sound after the required reboot of your system.  You will need to check your Device Manager. For XP, the path is Start->ControlPanel->System->Hardware->DeviceManager. If you see yellow tag(s) on Multimedia Controller, you need to click on it to bring up a panel/screen for updating the multimedia driver. Tell it where the driver folder is located (e.g. for my case, it was  C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\Realtekaudio\q5aud15us13\WDM). If WDM folder is not for your system, try different folders. Do not interrupt the updating process when it occurs because you will see increasing numbers of yellow tagged items in front of your eyes before they starts clearing up.  Good luck!! 

802.11n
pagroundhog

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Can you give us a detailed description of what else you did besides the basic install of Windows 7? Did you check the bios to make sure the onboard audio was enabled? (I'm assuming you are using that) Did you download Windows 7 capable drivers from the support page?

FYI, when I look at this support page:  http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-66153#audio there are no audio drivers listed for Windows 7. So, if I am in the right place you may have to get a new audio card that will work with Windows 7 or you can take a stab at using the Vista audio drivers.

Good luck!

802.11n
pagroundhog

Hello original poster,

Did you ever get the answer you were looking for and/or get your issue resolved?

Please let us know.

Your feedback is important to the community.

What's DOS?
zihu88

Use Windows vista ADI SoundMax driver for windows 7 instead. It works for me.