Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
bastones
Accepted Solution

Problem with old NVIDIA ION drivers - please provide latest NVIDIA ION drivers

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have tried installing the NVIDIA ION drivers available at the NVIDIA.com website in order to resolve an issue I am having which I will explain about below. I understand that because the Lenovo C200 all in one PC (which is the PC I have, which has the prolem explained below), has both an Intel GMA 3150 and NVIDIA ION graphics card, the drivers available on the NVIDIA website will not install - the error output is the driver couldn't find any compatible graphics hardware.

From my research, I understand that it is Lenovo that releases NVIDIA ION driver updates (because, as far as I'm aware, NVIDIA's generic ION drivers won't install on computers that have multiple graphics cards that use manual graphics switching), and ones from you install fine, but they're out of date.

The problem I am facing that made me want to find an NVIDIA ION driver update is because video in Internet Explorer doesn't work full screen (and with the latest Flash update - Flash 10.2 - videos on YouTube don't work as you load videos too, now - IE simply becomes slow and the video container remains black). However, if I disable Hardware Acceleration in the Adobe Flash Settings pane, videos work fine. Additionally, I installed the Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate, and websites appeared not to display at all, even though IE9 was displaying the circular moving icon as if a website page is loading. When I disable GPU Rendering in IE9 Internet options/Advanced tab, it works fine.

Lastly, to fit everything together, when I disable the NVIDIA ION graphics driver (or uninstall it), IE9 works absolutely fine using GPU rendering. So it is clearly evident this is down to the current version of NVIDIA ION graphics driver that's available from you.

I believe the newest NVIDIA ION driver fixes these issues I described above. Please can you bring the latest NVIDIA ION graphics driver for the Lenovo C200 available on the Downloads page for Windows 7, as the most recent version available here has the problems I have described above. Like I have said before, I cannot install any NVIDIA ION drivers from NVIDIA's website; presumably they have to come from you, hence my request here, to fix the problems I am having which I am sure other customers will be experiencing.

Any response will be appreciated.

Thanks!

For Lenovo C200 customers that have this issue, there is a solution until Lenovo officially provides latest drivers on the Lenovo Drivers Download website:

On page 2 of this thread, JameZ (Lenovo staff member) has provided a workaround to get the latest drivers that resolve the issues described above: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-275.33-whql-driver.html (these are GeForce drivers I believe - also work with ION GPUs) - JameZ has stated, on post 2, that they have requested the relevant department to provide up to date (official) drivers presumably for the Lenovo website. I will update this original post as JameZ provides updates via this topic.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
bastones

Re: Problem with old NVIDIA ION drivers - please provide latest NVIDIA ION drivers

[ Edited ]

To sum up, I believe this problem is down to Hardware Acceleration of the GPU that perhaps the old NVIDIA drivers currently shipping with the Lenovo C200 and the ones only available from the Lenovo Driver Downloads page doesn't support, that the newer ION drivers do support - or perhaps there is a problem with the older ION drivers that the newer ION drivers rectify. Either way, please provide newer NVIDIA ION drivers available for the Lenovo C200 all in one please - the generic ones from NVIDIA's website doesn't work so I presume Lenovo takes the generic drivers from NVIDIA, modifies them for the Lenovo hardware and makes them available on the Lenovo Driver Downloads website. I'd appreciate if a staff member of Lenovo responds to this thread acknowledging that this will be done.

Thanks.

Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Problem with old NVIDIA ION drivers - please provide latest NVIDIA ION drivers

@bastones,

You mentioned that the Internet Explorer does not work in full screen. The version of the internet explorer is 9 or 8?

Also IE9 is still in beta therefore engineering would not support beta software.

The Flash player you are using is 10.2.152.32 ?

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Ctrl-Alt-Del
bastones

[ Edited ]

Won't work in both Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9 unless I disable Hardware Acceleration in Flash Settings Then it works full screen in both versions (Flash Video). However, IE9 (Release Candidate) won't load website pages AT ALL unless GPU rendering (Hardware Acceleration I believe) is unchecked. I strongly believe the latest version of the NVIDIA ION graphics driver will fix all of these issues I just described. And yes, I am using the latest version of Flash player available from Adobe. Hardware Acceleration doesn't work in 10.2.152.32 (latest version) as well as the older version 10.1. Like I have said before, please provide the latest NVIDIA ION drivers for the Lenovo C200 All in One computer on the Lenovo consumersupport.lenovo.com website as I am sure the latest drivers available from NVIDIA resolves this issue, and the latest driver has to be provided by Lenovo due to the C200 All in One having both an Intel GMA 3150 and NVIDIA ION graphics card.

Your response would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
bastones

[ Edited ]

Just to make it clear, the problems I am facing are:

- Flash video doesn't work at all with the latest version of Flash player in both Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 9. I have to end up right clicking on the blank video that won't display, click on Settings and uncheck Hardware Acceleration, then Flash videos are displayed fine (and in full screen too).

- Internet Explorer 9 (Release Candidate - not the beta version) doesn't load pages at all unless I go into Internet options, select the Advanced Tab and uncheck the GPU rendering (Hardware Acceleration) option.

These problems pinpoint to Hardware Acceleration of the GPU that appears not to work, and I believe these are down to the old drivers that are included with the Lenovo C200 All in One PC; the latest drivers available from NVIDIA are newer than the drivers available on the Lenovo Drivers Download page for the Lenovo C200 and I believe the latest drivers rectify the issue here with Hardware Acceleration of the GPU, as Hardware Acceleration is supported by the NVIDIA ION GPU.

Could you please request the relevant staff members at Lenovo to provide the latest NVIDIA ION drivers for the Lenovo C200 please - as these drivers, as I have said before, need to come from Lenovo (the native drivers from NVIDIA won't install because of the Lenovo C200 All in One PC having an Intel GMA 3150 graphics card as well as the NVIDIA ION graphics card). This is further evident as the older drivers (driver version) available from the Lenovo Drivers Download website are not available on the NVIDIA website so the current older NVIDIA ION graphics drivers are not native NVIDIA drivers from the NVIDIA website and I presume have been modified by Lenovo (or by NVIDIA for Lenovo) to be compatible with the C200 All in One PC.

Like I have said before, could you please request relevant colleagues / staff members to provide the latest NVIDIA ION drivers for the Lenovo C200 All in One PC on the Lenovo downloads page.

I'd appreciate if you could let me know if this will be done.

Thanks.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@bastones,

Am checking this with engineering. Appreciate if you could PM me the following.

Model Type:
Serial Number:
Name:
Mobile:
Email:

BIOS:
OS (Lenovo default?)
SP1: Yes/No
Update all drivers on Lenovo site?
Update all recommended updates on Windows?
GPU driver version:
Flash Player: 10.2.152.32

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

What's DOS?
hemandk

Hi,

I have the same problem with my C200 all in one pc.

However I found this site:

http://blog.komeil.com/2010/04/nvidia-driver-windows-7-notebook-laptop.html

And I was able to install the new graphics driver however Nviem manager etc. does not work.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@bastones and hemandk,

A driver request has been raised to engineering after bastones sent me his information. I will revert once I get news from their side.

Thanks
James

Ctrl-Alt-Del
bastones

[ Edited ]

We're still waiting for a newer driver James. Please respond to my recent PM to you.

Thank you.

Retired Employee
JameZ

@bastones,

I did not receive any updates from the team therefore am unable to update here. Am still pending a response from the team.

//JameZ