Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Boblink

Recover / ReInstall only certain components from Original Factory Settings

Hi, I assume that this was asked before but I could not find a POSt and I don't believe that this message board has a SEARCH function so I will ask (probably re-ask) it again.
I would like to reinstall System Update and do NOT want top reinstall anything else.
Is this possible and if so, please advise how I can do this?
Thank you,
Bob
JaneL

Re: Recover / ReInstall only certain components from Original Factory Settings

Boblink wrote:
Hi, I assume that this was asked before but I could not find a POSt and I don't believe that this message board has a SEARCH function

Yes, it does.  It's on the Main screen just above the board listings and is a box with blue button labeled Search.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Punch Card
Boblink

: Recover / ReInstall only certain components from Original Factory Settings

Thank you nonny for helping with SEARCH, I did not find a solution to my problem (answer to my question) so I still need assistance in understanding if you can perform a PARTIAL RECOVERY that is only select yo RECOVER certain programs in this case  only recover Systsem Update?
Thank you,
Bob
buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 139
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

why dont you download resuce and recover software for your system then...uninstall the current version

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Punch Card
Boblink

Recover / ReInstall only certain components from Original Factory Settings

Thank you for your suggestion Samavedam, it sounds like an excellent plan except nothing is easy with Lenovo.
First, I am not sure which of the Rescue & Recover files is applicable to the Lenovo 300 K100 unit that I own further, I am not quite sure WHAT unit I have (I POSTED a note on this subject and so far no one has been able to help) and when I go to the Lenovo Website, the only thing that is available for a 300 K100 is 3000 K100 Machine Type 5301
which may or may not be applicable to my system since BIOS (I also have a POST on this subject) advises me that my Machine Type Model is 87022. So like I said, nothing with Lenovo seems to be easy and if you have any thoughts / suggestions / advice / .... I surely would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Bob
buddinggeek

[ Edited ]
hey i did find your machine model(hope i did!!) here's another plan iam gonna gie u the link to the automated solutions from lenovo which will give you detailed system information if even this doenst solve your dilema then i would say post a PM to MARK thats the only option you have got now

here is the link for the automated solutions which will help you determine your system information

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-39417.html

you must have internet explorer 5.5 in order to use automated solutions

Message Edited by samavedam_vijay on 05-08-2008 12:34 PM

Cheers and regards,

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

Punch Card
Boblink

Still can NOT Identify my system even with Lenovo Automated Solutions

Hello Samavedam, thanjk you for your perserverance, you appear to be just as stuborn as I and DON'T want to give up!
Unfortuantely Lenovo is a tough nut to crack and even with ALL youtr help, I am still unable to IDENTIFY my system.

I thought that the links that you sent me would do the trick but I get stuck / hung up on the Automatically Check for Updates page (see below)

https://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/access/aslibmain/aslib/asLibrary.jsp?mt=Unkn&os=Windows+6.0+Home&...

http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board/post?board.id=H_Series_Lenovo_3000&message.reply_to_id=772

I am using IE and I installed the ActiveX add-pns but I can't seem to get beyong the links above.
BTW, I did send Mark Lenovo a PM and am awaiting his reply.
Thank you so much fot ALL your help Samavedam,
Bob
buddinggeek

Re: Still can NOT Identify my system even with Lenovo Automated Solutions

hi bob
i appreciate your message i think i have found what the situation is all about here goes

all you people are using lenovo k-100 series but have no clue as to which model you are using

as i found out after browsing many websites of lenovo from many countries (india,south africa,australia,austria and germany) i have concluded that the k-100 series has a different model of k-100 for these countries in terms of system configuration the problem is
that k-100 doesnt come with a standard configuration i reckon u can customize it if you bring it from office depot thats y any one of us are not able to obtain model numbers for our systems

iam saying this coz i use lenovo-3000h series system(model:8789q61) i found out that the specs of my system in INDIA are similar to the same model available in the UNITED STATES with may be a bit of change as i have sujjested in my previous posts its all gotta do with your system configuration i reckon thats why you people arnt able to get the correct model...you also mentioned that R&R is not working properly its dodgy sort of a thing(base backup problem....why dont all persons using k-100 complain somthing to mark all of you together..its nuthing sort of a rebellion i guess!!may be lenovo should be given info on this matter on a serious note.....

ps:yeah i am stubborn on this matter!!but iam a computer geek too so it intersts me a lot to help you guys!!

Cheers and regards,

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

Punch Card
Boblink

Lenovo, you've got a PROBLEM!

I would like to thank you Samavedam for figuring out this mess, I have no evidence to support this but my guess is that Lenovo is trying to enter the Home User market with the 3000 K-100 product and realeased it without "think thru" all the ramification so this is a like a Beta test for them (i.er. a learning experience).
In any event, I know understand why I (and I assume other Lewnovo 300 K100 users) have had SO MUCH trouble identifying the System Type  and yes,  I believe that Lenovo SHOULD fix this problem, hopefully someone from Lenovo is monitoring these threads
and pass the information on to the appropriate Lenovo department for ACTION!
Again, I would like to thank you again for ALL your help Samavedam,
Bob
buddinggeek

Re: Lenovo, you've got a PROBLEM!

k! have a great time with your pc lets hope that your dilema is solved any way leave this here what happened to your r&r problem regarding base backup?

Cheers and regards,

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ