Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
boblamb58

SD card reader stopped reading SD cards

I have looked and looked and cannot seem to find a solution that works. I saw one person with a different system write that they uninstalled the reader then reinstalled it. That was no help whatsoever as the person made no note of what exactly was uninstalled.

My problem: The 16-in-1 media card reader stopped reading SD cards. If I attach a USB media card reader to the USB port  on front, it (PC) recognises the reader but will not read any cards. I have a bazillion photos on several SD cards, and would really like to clear them off... Please help. I would really appreciate specifics. I tried uninstalling one of the USB ports, (Intel 82801G (ICH Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC, but it was not the right one. When the reader did work, the drive was labelled as "M". Curent drives are "C", "D" (1st partition of second SATA drive) , "E" (2nd partition of second SATA drive), "K" an external USB drive, "L" another external USB drive. G,H I, and J are the media slots (I think) M is missing but sometimes shows up if an SD card is inserted, but will not read any cards at all anymore. I get a "mising disc" error.

System: Levovo 3000 H210 desktop running Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit version. I've added a second SATA hard drive as well as a Turtle Beach soundcard. The Card reader worked after these devices were installed. It's only been recently that the computer can't read the cards.

Paper Tape
boblamb58

Re: SD card reader stopped reading SD cards

56 views and no ideas or suggestions!?!

I contaced Lenovo about this. They gave me instructions on uninstalling the drive. So, I uninstalled it, rebooted, the system found the drive and reinstalled it. Still will not read any of my previously readable SD cards. The next thing they want me to do is a full system recovery. I'm on the fence about that. Does it competely remove all owner added files and pregrams?

Token Ring
zero0

Re: SD card reader stopped reading SD cards

Yes it removes everyhing you've done. I'd suggest getting ubuntu and seeing if the card slot works for that.

--------------------
T500 2081 CTO ~ T9600 2.8GHz ~ WXP Pro 32bit ~ WSXGA+ 15.4 LED ~ATI 3650 ~ 4GB DDR3 RAM ~ 500GB WD 7200rpm
Camera ~ AT&T WWAN ~ CD/DVD Combo Drive ~ Intel WiFi 5300 AGN