Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Conduitman

Stuck on No Signal / Power Saving - Lenovo H405.

[ Edited ]

Hey there, guys - if this is the wrong section, I apologize. First time buyer of Lenovo products, and I couldn't find a better place to put this. Anywho, I'll begin.. A week or so ago, on august 2nd, I bought a computer. It was my birthday, so I used my money and put it towards a Lenovo h405 desktop.

http://www.zdnet.com/reviews/product/desktops/lenovo-h405-7723-athlon-ii-x2-255-31-ghz/34448420

Of course, the power supply was a little meh, at 255w, and the graphics card was a no brainer, so I bought a 600w power supply and a GeForce GTX 550 Ti graphics card. I was happy. I set the desktop up, started it up, got it all ready and it worked like a charm. A few hours later, I went to go take it apart to put the new PSU in and it all went to shambles.

The new PSU's SATA cord was too short, so I couldn't use it quite yet - had to get an adapter. I shrugged it off and went to put the old PSU back in since I had to stall on getting the new PSU in. Oh well. So I put it in right, all cords in the right places, yet when I turned it on, the monitor wouldn't budge. It was pitch black and the light was green - then a yellow 'No signal' message flashed across the screen and the icon went orange.

That's the start of a long, painful trip. So I figured, the integrated ATI Radeon 3000 graphics card was sort of confusing it since it wasn't a physical graphics card, so I kept trying to rearrange the PSU but no luck. I finally got the new cord and I went to put the new PSU in - still nothing. Not a thing had changed. I put the new graphics card in. No luck with that either - it still didn't show a single thing except the brief 'No signal'.

So of course, I thought it was my monitor by this point. I made sure all cords were as tight as possible - retried this a few times. Nothing.

Tried my laptop on the monitor and it worked without a hitch. Tried another monitor with the new Lenovo h405 and a new error came up. 'No signal, forced power saving mode' or something along those lines. So now I'm frustrated - it's not the monitor, PSU, graphics card, or anything. I got a professional to come in and try to hook it up but he was baffled as well - we tried to put it together for a few hours, but we got nowhere. We tried to reset the CMOS on the motherboard but even that did not change the fact the monitor would not give any signal to us. Help??

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Stuck on No Signal / Power Saving - Lenovo H405.

hey Conduitman,

reading on the thing that had been done so far, my advice.. call our tech support via

1-800-565-3344
24 hours/day - 7 days/week

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.