Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
dwmlem
Accepted Solution

Warranty Registration

Is there a way to register the warranty, or do you just need to provide your purchase receipt in case of warranty repairs?

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Warranty Registration

hey dwmlem,

the registration of warranty is to be done by the reseller. Thus do refer back to your reseller to get your warranty registered

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Punch Card
IggyAZ

Paper Tape
Aeternitas

I bought my laptop yesterday, tried to get my warranty information on lenovo web site, entered serial number and it told me that my warranty will be finished at 2014-08-15, so looks like I loose 3 months of warranty. I'm not that worried about it (still 33 months I have), but is here anything that can be done?

Also I tried to use link given by IggyAZ, the first step is to select country, I choose Ukraine and get the following message:

<div class="productRegistrationNA">Not Available for selected Country/Region</div>

- can't registered product in Ukraine? when I asked for warranty information it told me that laptop is in Ukraine... something weird isn't it..

802.11n
pagroundhog

[ Edited ]

Serge1410 wrote:
hey dwmlem,

the registration of warranty is to be done by the reseller. Thus do refer back to your reseller to get your warranty registered

I think we need a detailed explanation as to how that process works to ensure our product gets properly registered by the reseller. So let's see, I bought my B575 from Best Buy. The salesperson takes the box off of a shelf and scans the label for a price check. He quotes the price and I pay him. Now, am I supposed to assume that Best Buy has some automated process that captures my serial number and electronically delivers it to Lenovo for warranty registration? I think not, so here is how to make sure your product gets registered and you get the full duration of your warranty (starting from your date of purchase... not from the date of manufacture):

How to Register My Lenovo Laptop 

First, forget the online registration because it does not work properly. I did it and they only ask for your model number and serial number; however, when you go back in to verify your registration, it just sits there when you hit the submit button.

The best way to register is to call Lenovo and register it directly with someone in their warranty department. When I did it, the agent was very nice and he made sure my warranty started on my date of purchase (if the agent doesn't ask, tell him when you purchased the laptop). So, after registration, I asked him if I would be able to verify my registration online and he said "no" because there are some problems with that and he wouldn't explain further. Anyway, I asked him how my warranty details could be verified in case I need to use it and "he gave me a case numember" to retain and use if needed. He guaranteed me that Lenovo would be able to retrieve my warranty information by that case number. Protect yourself and make sure you can verify your registration because I don't think Best Buy has a back-room operation to register your warranty with Lenovo.

Good luck!

802.11n
pagroundhog

Hello original poster,

Did you ever get the answer you were looking for and/or get your issue resolved?

Please let us know.

Your feedback is important to the community.