Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
jellokatt

h215 hard drive failure

so i bought my lenovo at fry's a couple of months ago.  the hard drive failed.  i called customer support, and they were very pleasant and helpful.  they sent out a tech to install a new hard drive for me.  it was working fine for about 1.5 weeks, and now i'm getting a "windows has detected a hard disk problem" error message.  i called again, and they're sending out another tech to replace the new had drive (also under warranty).  i've asked them to see if they have a different manufacturer, but is this really a ahrd drive problem, or is there something more going on here?  the computer is plugged into a surge protector.  the only thing i can think is maybe they're using rohs complaint parts, and maybe there are dendrites growing and causing shorts or something?  if it happens again under warranty, will they just send me a refund or a new computer?  is anyone else having these problems?

IPnaSh
Kudos: 366
Solutions: 125

Re: h215 hard drive failure

If this happens one more time, demand a motherboard change + hard disk change. Also, if you want, you can do a complete disk test.

Best regards.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Fanfold Paper
Moi-moi

Hi, 16 days ago I bought Lenovo G460g, but yesterday my lenovo got problem, can't read and write hard drive, hard drive become damage and bad sector, can lenovo service centre repair or change it because I have warranty, thank for help
IPnaSh
Kudos: 366
Solutions: 125

Moi-moi, they should replace your hard disk for free of course.

Regards.

IPnaSh
First Spanish Community Guru - Colaborador ad honorem

Lenovo
Paper Tape
vipergg

Hopefully this is just a fluke and you got a bad one.  They use name brand harddrives , my 1 terabyte drive is a Seagate Barracuda drive which is normally a pretty decent harddrive in my new h405 .