Support in other languages: 
Agotthelf
Topics: 136
Kudos: 241
Solutions: 175

Enhanced Experience 3.0 - Interview with John Mese from Lenovo!

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I collected some questions regarding Lenovo´s Enhanced Experience 3.0 during the CES 2012
and John  Mese, Lenovos software architect and forethinker of Lenovo´s EE 3.0, was so kind to answer these questions.

Check out the interview!

SA500159_600x600_300KB.jpg

ME:

How far has the work been done to get to the full Enhanced Experience 3.0?

JOHN:

While we have not announced much related to Enhanced Experience 3.0 at CES, rest assured the program will continue in 2012 with more details to be releases in the coming months.

ME:

What machines will be receiving EE 3.0?

JOHN:

All the new 2012 systems will undergo our Enhanced Experience optimization and tuning process. We cannot announce which systems will have an EE 3.0 sticker at this time.

ME:

What is the different between EE 2.0 and EE 3.0?

JOHN:

EE3 will have a much broader focus, every system will have some sort of new technology to improve performance. There are multiple initiatives in place that will fall under the EE banner.

ME:

What are the core componets of EE 3.0? Bios, Hardware, Driver, OS?

JOHN:

BIOS, Hardware, driver, new Lenovo created software to help optimize the portfolio.

ME:
How much optimization is on the BIOS end vs optimizing the operating system itself?

JOHN:
We focus on all system aspects.

ME:
Is it possible to get EE 3.0 on a notebook with a clean install or do one need the preload to get 100% EE 3.0 experience?

JOHN:
BIOS and drivers from Lenovo get you most of the way there. We will make additional Enhanced Experience SW, like RapidBoot, available for download from lenovo.com.

ME: 

Will users of EE 2.0 be able to take advantage of any operating system optimization that are new?

JOHN:
Not enough information to answer at this time.

ME:
I currently have a X1 with EE 2.0 & Rapiddrive. When EE 3.0 comes out will EE 2.0 users be able to upgrade? Also has the Rapiddrive(SSD Optimization) changed any since EE 2.0?

JOHN:
Generally the latest technology is only available on the newest systems due to hardware/platform requirements and software licensing rules. However, we cannot confirm or deny the availability for all of EE 3.0 on EE 2.0 systems at this time.  RapidDrive is changing somewhat for EE 3.0, details will be released in the coming months.

ME:

Does Enhanced Experience 3.0 make Windows 8 boot and/or run faster?

JOHN:
EE 3.0 is currently only targeted for Win7 systems. We are looking at what's possible and what makes sense for Win8.

ME:

Does Windows 8 make some features of Enhanced Experience obsolete?

John:
We will continue to innovate and provide customers the best experience possible.

Thanks John, for your answers! It was very kind you find the time to answer these questions!

Best regards

Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T510, X220t, T61.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Lenovo Staff
Perfguy

Re: Enhanced Experience 3.0 - Interview with John Mese from Lenovo!

Thanks Andreas for providing this interview to the forum community.  If anyone has any follow-up questions, just let us know and we will try and get them answered.  When we're ready to make some announcements, I also try and stop back by with updates.

Thanks!

Lenovo Staff
Perfguy

Also, check out a blog article I wrote detailing some enhancements to our fingerprint sensor:

http://blog.lenovo.com/products/enhanced-experience-2012

Guru
PeterTWJ

Perfguy wrote:

Also, check out a blog article I wrote detailing some enhancements to our fingerprint sensor:

http://blog.lenovo.com/products/enhanced-experience-2012

Hi Perfguy

I have similar questions as Tom Spis comment in the blog (from your link). Would this enhancement be implemented to current (T420, or same gen ThinkPad) fingerprint sensor in the future as shown in this video, or it is specifically for future T or other 30series ThinkPad?

Happy 2012! :smileytongue::smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:

Peter
W520 (4284-A99)

Does someone’s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future 

=====================================

Sound Enthusiast and Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/Dolby-Home-Theater-v4-for-most-Lenovo-Laptops/td-p/62...

Lenovo Staff
Perfguy

Peter, the enhancement is planned for our 2012 products (so T430, X430, etc) since it is dependent on the new sensor from AuthenTec as well as the software/driver that controls it.

WWAN
ibmthink

@ perfguy,

One queston: When will Lenovo announce the new ThinkPads ?

Lenovo Staff
Perfguy

@ibmthink

March/April timeframe

Agotthelf
Topics: 136
Kudos: 241
Solutions: 175

Hi,

here´s a new blog post from John (perfguy) with interesting news about EE3.0

"Adding a New Kick to the Secret Sauce: Lenovo’s Enhanced Experience 3"

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T510, X220t, T61.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español