Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lenovo Staff
Serene_Lenovo

NEW: IdeaPad Yoga - the world's slimmest convertible Ultrabook!

Check out the latest unveiling from Lenovo@CES 2012!

yoga-FB.jpg

Brief facts

• Starts at $1,199, available as soon as Windows 8 is available
• Laptop, tablet, stand and tent--multi-mode notebook, 360 degree flip-and-fold design.
• World’s slimmest convertible Ultrabook™ (16.9 mm) doubles as a tablet
• 13.3” HD multi-touch screen folds back on itself
• Up to 8 hrs battery life
• Smart technologies to stay updated round-the-clock

From PC Mag:

LAS VEGAS—The ultrabook category just got a lot more interesting, thanks to Lenovo's announcement of the IdeaPad YOGA, a stylish new ultrabook-**bleep**-tablet running Windows 8 and featuring a flipping, folding touch screen. It's not just the first touch-enabled ultrabook we've seen, it's also equipped with Intel's Oak Trail processors and running Microsoft's touch-friendly Windows 8 operating system.

The IdeaPad YOGA is first and foremost an ultrabook, with a thin 0.67-inch chassis that weighs in at 3.1 pounds. Its 256GB solid-state drive (SSD) and an estimated 8-hour battery are par for the course among ultrabooks, but the YOGA brings plenty of new features as well, like an Intel Oak Trail processor and a whopping 8GB of RAM.

The 13.3-inch screen of the IdeaPad YOGA offers ten-point capacitive touch, and Lenovo's unique double-hinge design lets you fold the screen back around the laptop to become a 13-inch tablet. The IdeaPad YOGA will have the yet-to-be released Windows 8 operating system, which includes the touch-friendly Metro interface.

But it's not all new processors and software. Lenovo is also upping the ante in the hands-on department, covering the bottom of the laptop with soft-touch rubber paint for a luxurious texture and secure grip, while bringing back the leather covered palmrest found on the Lenovo IdeaPad U260 ($1,049.99 direct, 3.5 stars) and retaining the scalloped keys and large clickpad found on the Lenovo IdeaPad U300s ($1,495 list, 4 stars).

The convertible ultrabook is designed to switch between four different form-factors with a flip of the screen. It can change from a conventional laptop to a tablet, easel mode with the screen standing at an angle, or tent mode with the YOGA setting upright on the edges of the screen and chassis. Buttons on the sides of the chassis maintain full functionality even when the keyboard isn't in use, and with Lenovo's 360-degree hinges, the screen should stay firmly positioned no matter what your favorite position is.

The Lenovo IdeaPad YOGA convertible ultrabook is coming the second half of 2012 with an estimated starting price of $1,199.

KalvinKlein

Re: NEW: IdeaPad Yoga - the world's slimmest convertible Ultrabook!

[ Edited ]

Quick Overview Video

another hands on by Joanna Stern look @ here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jnrRRAcZc&feature=related

& CES Live on booth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z1niUz3EMo&feature=related

Topics: 43
Kudos: 143
Solutions: 39

This looks exciting! Wish there were more details.

Does the keyboard automatically turn off once the hinge is rotated past a specific point?

What is the display resolution? HD means everything from 1366x768 to 1920x1080.

What kind of screen does this have? I imagine IPS for viewing angles.

Some people have reported this as a 13.1" screen. Is it 13.3 or 13.1?

Is the palm-rest leather textured or leather covered? 

------------------------------------------
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.

My TPs: Twist 2HU: i5-3317U Win 8 Pro, 4GB RAM 250GB Samsung 840 | T420 4177CTO: i5-2520M, HD+, Win 7 Pro x64, 8GB RAM, Optimus, 160GB Intel 320 SSD, Intel 6300 WiFi, BT 3.0 | T400 2764CTO: P8700, WXGA, Win 7 Ult x64, AMD 3470, 8GB RAM, 64GB Samsung SSD, BT, Intel 5300 WiFi | A20m 14.1" PIII 500 (retired). Monitors: 2x Dell U2211h IPS 100% sRGB calibrated w/ Spyder3.
Broadband 3G
ibmthink

It is a 13,1" IPS 1600x900 glare Touchscreen.

KalvinKlein

Hi nibs  ,  yep its leather covered  :smileyhappy:

wrote:

... covering the bottom of the laptop with soft-touch rubber paint for a luxurious texture and secure grip, while bringing back the leather covered palmrest .......

regards KalvinKlein

Topics: 146
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

Hi,

I just touched it. :smileyhappy:

Here are the answers of the open questions:

Is the palm-rest leather textured or leather covered? It´s of plastic but with a so called leather finish, wish makes a good feeling if touched.

Does the keyboard automatically turn off once the hinge is rotated past a specific point? No.

Best regards

Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Agotthelf
Topics: 146
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

[ Edited ]

Some pics and specs:

Processors: if it comes to the market it will have the latest Intel i5, i7 processors.

Resolution: 13.3" 1600*900 IPS + 10 finger touch

Palm Rest: Leather finish

Battery life: up to 8h

Base cover and LCD lid material: Aluminum

2 USB (one is a 3.0) + HDMI

Edit: Four different modes: Tablet and laptop mode, stand mode, tent mode - check out the video with Gavon and Chad below.

it will get WIN 8 as os, when WIN 8 comes out.

k-IMG_9014.JPG

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

nibs
Topics: 43
Kudos: 143
Solutions: 39

Leather-like finish sounds good to me. There are many people with moral or other objections to actual leather.

If the keyboard doesn't turn off automatically, how does it rest on the keyboard in the "easel" mode? How does it know that you are grabbing the machine and not typing? 

Does it have a button to press to go into tablet mode?

------------------------------------------
When asking for help, post your question in the forum. Remember to include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help others with the same question in the future.

My TPs: Twist 2HU: i5-3317U Win 8 Pro, 4GB RAM 250GB Samsung 840 | T420 4177CTO: i5-2520M, HD+, Win 7 Pro x64, 8GB RAM, Optimus, 160GB Intel 320 SSD, Intel 6300 WiFi, BT 3.0 | T400 2764CTO: P8700, WXGA, Win 7 Ult x64, AMD 3470, 8GB RAM, 64GB Samsung SSD, BT, Intel 5300 WiFi | A20m 14.1" PIII 500 (retired). Monitors: 2x Dell U2211h IPS 100% sRGB calibrated w/ Spyder3.
Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

All,

While we are waiting for more first hand info from Andreas, you can vote for the Yoga in  Laptop's best of CES contest.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/readers-choice-for-best-of-ces-2012-voting-open-until-112-at-noon-est

Voting ends January 12 - we are ahead at the moment, but need your help!  Vote now and help put our innovative IdeaPad on top!

Thanks!!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
802.11n
TheDude

If they can put that screen in a Thinpad T or X with a matt finish, I know my next computer.  I sure hope this is an indication of improved screens coming back.  The X201s has been gone a long time now.

T61p, T400
formerly x23, x40