Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Agotthelf
Topics: 145
Kudos: 262
Solutions: 183

The Best of ThinkPad X1 - The new X1 Hybrid!

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I think a lot of people want this. :-)

The new ThinkPad X1 Hybrid represent the next generation in thin and light computing.  

The hybrid comes equipped with choices of the latest Intel® Core™ i3, i5 and i7 processors and the Windows 7 operating system.

Measuring less than 0.6-inches and weighing less than four pounds, the 13.3-inch (HD resolution), ThinkPad X1 Hybrid goes heavy on performance by doubling the CPU performance and quadrupling the graphics performance of previous Lenovo 13-inch laptops.

What´s really new on this model:

The hybrid doubles as a second PC thanks to its battery-stretching Instant Media Mode (IMM). IMM includes a Qualcomm dual core processor, up to 16 GB of memory and a custom Linux-based operating system. To switch to IMM from Windows, users simply click on an icon on the laptop’s home screen. With IMM, the laptop operates much like a smart phone, remaining turned on and requiring fewer charging sessions

k-IMG_8913.JPG

Via IMM, users can watch videos, view photos, listen to music and browse the web while preserving precious battery life. Pioneered by ThinkPad, the ThinkPad X1 Hybrid laptop also includes Rapid Charge technology that charges the battery up to 80 percent in just 30 minutes. The new X1 doubles the battery life, up to 10 hours via the hybrid’s Instant Media Mode.

The ThinkPad X1 Hybrid laptop will be available starting in Q2 2012, through business partners and online at www.lenovo.com. Pricing for models starts at approximately $1,599.

Best regards

Andreas

Please insert your type, model (not S/N) number and used OS in your posts.
I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Administrator
Mark_Lenovo

Re: The Best of ThinkPad X1 - The new X1 Hybrid!

Andreas,

Thanks !   What were your personal impressions of this unit?  Did you get to play with it much?

Did you try switching back and forth from Windows?   Anything else you want to share on this?   I know you are probably traveling now and may be a day or two in responding...

Really great to have a member of the community on the ground at CES!

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
twitter @lenovoforums
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Agotthelf

Hi Mark,

thanks a lot for your kind word, appreciated!

I´m hadn´t the time to test one or two models extensively.

But here´s a hands´on of X1H Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Hybrid Hands-On: Incredibly Fast OS Switching

from a magazine called "Laptop". Worth watching.

Best regards

Andreas

I´m a volunteer here using New X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Yoga, Yoga 11s, Yoga 13, T430s,T510, X220t, IdeaCentre B540.
TIP: If your computer runs satisfactorily now, it may not be necessary to update the system.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Agotthelf

Here are some more detailed pictures from the X1H, I have discovered now on my computer... :-)

right side:

k-IMG_8910.JPG

left side:

k-IMG_8911.JPG

back side:

k-IMG_8912.JPG

Back side in detail:

k-IMG_8915.JPG

Lenovo Staff
Perfguy

[ Edited ]

The switch from Windows to IMM environment is very quick. Less than 2 seconds. The team worked very hard on that. Windows goes into a sleep state after the switch to IMM - that takes another few seconds as the CPU, HDD, and other platform power is turned off (memory is still powered as in standard sleep).

The switch from IMM back to Windows is approximately equal to a resume from standard sleep mode. And you will be prompted for credentials if you've configured Windows security.

Fanfold Paper
papachumba

Could I upgrade my X1 to be a hybrid, or is this built into the motherboard?

What's DOS?
lviv3972

Hello,

This is my first post here.

I've ordered for a lenovo thinkad X1.

Will I be able to upgrade my thinkpad to get this function or do I have to cancel my order and wait for the the X1 Hybrid ?

Thank you for your reply

Token Ring
peednus

Did anyone else notice the 'leaves' in the first pic??? LOOOOOOL!!!!

medeiom

Wait, what about ports? Please tell me the new X1 will have Thunderbolt?!  Lenovo, I can not stress this word enough.. THUNDERBOLT!!!