I'd like to use my Y570 laptop as a dektop computer without using its own display. However, when I close the lid of the laptop, the system goes to sleep.
How do I fix this?
Please do the following to keep the system active when you close the lid. The instructions are for Windows 7:
1. Click on "Control Panel" and then "Hardware and Sound"
2. Click on "Power options"
3. Click on "Change plan settings" for your power plan as in Fig.1
4. Click on "Change advanced power settings" as in Fig.2
5. From the Power Options window, click the plus sign next to "Power buttons and lid" to expand the folder as in Fig.3
6. Click the plus sign next to "Lid close action".
7. Click "Sleep" and it will open up choices. Select "Do nothing".
You would also want to check the same for option "Plugged in".
Tip: If you change your power plan, you'll have to do the above steps again for the new power plan.
© All Rights Reserved