Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
sinningsadhu
Accepted Solution

S10-3c and Linux

:smileymad:

Is the S10-3c incompatible with all versions of Linux? Can't Lenovo bring out a custom distro of either Fedora 15/16, OpenSuSE 11/12 or Ubuntu - 11 onwards?

Lenovo S10-3c; Win7 and potential OpenSuSE 12.1 Live GNOME user
buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 140
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

Re: S10-3c and Linux

You are trying to run a desktop version of Linux on a netbook? IMO only Ubuntu might work Satisfactorily .What is the problem that you are facing?

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Blue Screen Again
sinningsadhu

On all versions that I try to install, including the netbook spins - the installer can't detect the keyboard.

:smileysad:

buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 140
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

Does windows detect your keyboard?

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,U410,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Horizon
●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Feeding "S10-3c and Linux no keyboard" to The Google brings up this: keyboard doesn't work with acpi on lenovo s10-3c

Down around post #101 it gets interesting.

Good luck,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

Blue Screen Again
sinningsadhu

All - Found the workaround to the issue!

Apparently the BIOS update for the S10-3c is incomplete if you download from the Lenovo website and you need to download the 3CCN16WW.zip file (found after a quick google search) and update the BIOS according to instructions below:

1) Unzip the file
2) In the unzipped folder, click open the first folder and run the application. This is the American Megatrends screen, which updates the BIOS
3) Open the second folder, click open (as admin if using Win7) the executable file and flash your BIOS & restart.

Note:
1) Best to remove any admin passwords, login passwords or any user specific passwords.
2) Incase you already have the 3CCN16WW BIOS update, there is no cause for worry or any reason to downgrade (if that's possible) since I had the BIOS update from the .exe file the Lenovo official page has online.

An hour later, I type this from an 'updating packages' Ubuntu 11.04 :smileyhappy: