Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Leion

Re: T410: How to dual boot Win 7 with Ubuntu?

Thank you for your patience. I will make my recovery discs and install ubuntu tomorrow :smileyvery-happy:

What's DOS?
kwan7zero

Re: T410: How to dual boot Win 7 with Ubuntu?

Hello

I'm new at linux so I'm pretty lost as to what to do next...

I just got a thinkpad t410, and I also want to dual boot with linux. I'd like to run it on a separate partition.

So my question is, I want to keep the current version of windows 7 on my thinkpad, and also to install ubuntu linux. Where would I go to partition my disk space? Would it be within windows, or should I do the partitioning when I install linux?

As well, I read around other forums talking about the original three partitions the thinkpad came with out of the box. Which partitions are necessary to keep, and which are expendable? I only have 128 gb of space, so I'd like to make the most out of it :smileyhappy: I've made the recovery boot and media disks, so I assume that means i can get rid of the partition for media back up? More importantly, how would i get rid of these partitions corretly?

I've been trying to look for the LOWEST level guide but there aren't any :smileysad:  I dont want to make any mistakes haha.

Thanks!

Kenny