08-25-2010 10:20 AM
i have installed opensuse 11.3 on my new notebook thinkpad T510 4349 . To get wireless into the internet i want to use the NetworkManager form KDE 4.4.4 release 2 in Linux. I start the program and nothing happens. Normaly there should by some mene points. Is this a problem of opensuse or the notebook? I have also installed windows 7 professional. With this system it works fine.
If someone has a solution for this problem i will by happy with my new notebook.
11-21-2010 03:46 AM
I'm assuming you are using the KDE desktop. Right click network manager and then select manage connections.
Select the wireless tab on the top of the dialog and click the add button on the right hand side of the dialog.
On the new dialog box that comes up: -
1. Give the connection a name on the top. This can be anything you like to identify this connection.
2. Check connect automatically checkbox.
3. Enter th SSID or network name.
4. Go to the wireless security tab and select the encryption your wireless network uses. Normally this is WEP or WPA2 Personal. WPA2 recommended (incase you have admin access to your wireless access point).
5. Enter the encryption key.
6. Click ok