Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
ouzoorca

W500

[ Edited ]

Who has what distros running on a w500. Are are the drivers and devices working?

Moderator Note; second time of asking, please update your profile with your correct country location as per the forum rules. Products, options and services vary from market to market. Knowing your location helps us help you

Message Edited by andyP on 08-29-2008 11:46 PM
buddinggeek
Topics: 105
Kudos: 139
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 118

Re: W500

hi

ive checked out the specs of W500 ubuntu and SUSE 11 should work for you out fo the box also go for fedora 8 or 9

Cheers and regards,
• » νιנαソѕαяα∂нι ѕαмανє∂αм ™ « •
Think : T410,X220T,Thinkpad Yoga
Idea :3000H,Z500,Yoga 11, Yoga tab 10,Ideacenter Horizon

●๋•کáŕádhí'ک díáŕý ツ

I am a volunteer here. I don't work for Lenovo
What's DOS?
ScottM

Everything is working fine for me, with the exception of the video drivers.  The card is the Mobility Fire GL V5700, if, in Suse 11 I endable desktop effects or comiz, the screen turns black.  Updating the drivers does nothing, I have tried the Radeo HD3650 drivers as well, to no avail.  I called ATI, and talked to a very rude representitive, he informed me that the card is based off of a desktop version and linux drivers for the desktop version are offered as a courtesy on linux, they have no plans of supplying said drivers for a laptop.  Upon inquiring that the drivers are unavailable for any os for the GL V5700 the rep. hung up....  This was after waiting 20 minutes in the que for support, I am currently working with the Lenovo support for help on this issue, any ideas are greatly appreciated!
Blue Screen Again
mantice

I have trouble installing Opensuse (os won't even load), but Ubuntu works very very well.   The only problem I see is the switchable graphic and the keyboard shortcut unable to work. 

Either Linux require you to manually shut down graphic auto-detect in bios and run either discreet or onboard exclusively.  I believe an update will be here soon.  At least it work better than XP 64bit or any of the Vista for me.

Paper Tape
chris03

[ Edited ]

I tried Gentoo and Backtrack 3, it works but both network cards (gig and wifi) aren't working, so it's kinda hard doing something.

Message Edited by chris03 on 10-31-2008 01:45 PM