Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
funkydoers
Accepted Solution

X230 restarts when shutdown

Hi

I have X230  unit on which i installed Ubuntu 12.04 , other options are working fine  , only issue is that when ever i shutdown the system  it restarts , i have checked by installing windows it is working fine

Any suggestions ???

Thanks

RMattoo
Topics: 3
Kudos: 91
Solutions: 91

Re: X230 restarts when shutdown

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

Please follow the instruction as suggested below

First Install Ubuntu 12.04  in the system

Ensure the Live CD and USB drive is connected

Run following command

sudo apt-get install laptop-mode-tools

Open Grub File using text editor location   etc/default/grub

GRUB_CMDLIN   LINUX_DEFAULT="acpi=noirq quiet splash"

Then Run following command on terminal

sudo update-grub

If issue is not fixed then try updating the kernel maually from

http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/

Open a terminal and move to the directory where you have downloaded the Ubuntu 3.4 kernel packages. If the files are in /Downloads directory then run the following command.

$ cd ~/Downloads/

Then use dpkg command to install the packages, for example, here I assume the 32-bit versions of the packages. Run the following commands one by one and type the password for sudo access when prompted.

Run follwoing command

$ sudo dpkg -i  *.deb

If you see any warnings or errors while installing then try installing module-init-tools (latest version) first,

and try again now it should work. Restart your system now; by default it will boot kernel 3.4. To check the kernel version after booting,

open a terminal and type "uname -a".

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with Kudos!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!  This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!