Search instead for 
Do you mean 
RR
Fanfold Paper
RR

Bluetooth Mouse scroll wheel zoom

[ Edited ]

Thinkpad W520, Win 7, Thinkpad Bluetooth mouse, all purchased 12/11:

Scroll wheel will not zoom in/zoom out working in drawing applications such as Sketchup, for example.  This has never been a problem on any other computer with a Logitech wireless mouse. I've tried setting the wheel as the "Middle mouse button" and I've tried Microsoft Office 97 Scrolling Emulation, without success.   The scroll wheel works properly in other applications.

What do I need to do in order to use the scroll wheel for zooming in drawing applications? 

Thanks,

RR

Moderator Note; Bluetooth added to subject

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Bluetooth Mouse scroll wheel zoom

hey RR,

welcome to the forums.

since the scroll wheel work in other apps and not in drawing apps, the only suggestion I have is to get in contact with the drawing app manufacturer.

they might have a patch to get your Thinkpad BT mouse to work correctly. Also check at their support site for any other user who have similar issue such as this.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Blue Screen Again
LTW520

I am having this problem too, across multiple applications and using 2 entirely different bluetooth meeses; lenovo and dell. it's got to be a bluetooth problem.

What's DOS?
amoore49

I have the same problem with my new thinkpad W520 and Thinkpad Bluetooth Laser Mouse.  Won't zoom in Sketchup.  Very frustrating since I bought this computer for high-end graphic applications.

802.11n
JNavas

RR wrote:

Thinkpad W520, Win 7, Thinkpad Bluetooth mouse, all purchased 12/11:

Scroll wheel will not zoom in/zoom out working in drawing applications such as Sketchup, for example.  This has never been a problem on any other computer with a Logitech wireless mouse. I've tried setting the wheel as the "Middle mouse button" and I've tried Microsoft Office 97 Scrolling Emulation, without success.   The scroll wheel works properly in other applications.

What do I need to do in order to use the scroll wheel for zooming in drawing applications?

Scroll wheel action is normally defined in the application itself.
Check your application documentation and preferences/options for scroll wheel action,

and/or contact support for the application.

In Adobe Photoshop Elements 10, for example, this is an option in General Preferences:

PSE-Scroll.gif

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Blue Screen Again
LTW520

Are you kidding? I'm having the same problem others are reporting with my W520 on ALL applications. This a Lenovo problem and has nothing to do with scroll settings in each and every affected application.

802.11n
JNavas

[ Edited ]

LTW520 wrote:

Are you kidding? I'm having the same problem others are reporting with my W520 on ALL applications. This a Lenovo problem and has nothing to do with scroll settings in each and every affected application.

I am not kidding. As I wrote, it works properly here.

And is affected by application settings. (Just checked Photoshop again to be sure.)

So it's most likely a user configuration issue, not a "Lenovo problem".

Suggest you uninstall Lenovo Mouse Suite; download and install the latest version;

make sure it's configured properly (on all settings pages); and configure applications.

Settings that work here:

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Blue Screen Again
LTW520

JNavas wrote:

LTW520 wrote:

And is affected by application settings. (Just checked Photoshop again to be sure.)

Suggest you uninstall Lenovo Mouse Suite; download and install the latest version;

make sure it's configured properly (on all settings pages); and configure applications.

Settings that work here:

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Really? To quote: "My assessment is that something subtle had gotten screwed up in Lenovo UltraNav and/or Mouse Suite, which was corrected by uninstalling and then reinstalling everything."

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Options-Accessories/ThinkPad-Bluetooth-Laser-Mouse-buttons-stop-working/...

802.11n
JNavas

LTW520 wrote:

JNavas wrote:

Really? To quote: "My assessment is that something subtle had gotten screwed up in Lenovo UltraNav and/or Mouse Suite, which was corrected by uninstalling and then reinstalling everything."

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Options-Accessories/ThinkPad-Bluetooth-Laser-Mouse-buttons-stop-working/...

Really. My posts are entirely consistent. Likewise my post here:

My take on my new Lenovo ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse:

Extremely capable, very high precision, sleek size, nice finish,

uses AA (not AAA) batteries, quite a bit better than the
     Microsoft BluetoothNotebook Mouse 5000 I've been using.

Highly recommended. [emphasis added]

So why not try my suggestion (quoted in bold above)?

Hope that helps,
John
What's DOS?
mlg_sd

I am having the same problems for Google sketchup, Autodesk revit and Autodesk Autocad. I went through these software and connot find a location for configuring the wheeel. When I use a regular mouse there is no issue.

Please let me know if this has been resolved.

Thank you