Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
plexml

Browser back and forward buttons for Lenovo Thinkpad bluetooth laser mouse 4IU5009 MOBTC9L

Once the CD is installed it seems this laser mouse can't be setup so the scroll wheel tilt left click causes a browser back action and the scroll wheel tilt right click causes a browser forward action. For many these are two basic and desirable options. The scroll wheel tilts and other buttons can be changed using the Lenovo mouse suite program after the CD is installed. However, there seem to be no options for browser back and forward and the "Assigned Key" option only accepts a single key press which is no good since browser back is ALT+LEFT. 

The mouse came with version 6.22 software and I installed the latest 6.23 from the web at http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-69588 but it made no difference.

Very poor show or I've missed something. 

What's DOS?
plexml

Re: Browser back and forward buttons for Lenovo Thinkpad bluetooth laser mouse 4IU5009 MOBTC9L

I have missed something. You can program the Backspace key for Scroll Wheel Tilt Left and that will give browser back for Firefox and IE but not an older browser like Netscape 4.7x.  Alt+Left is the universal browser back solution which should work for all browsers. There is still no direct solution for browser forward.

Using the  Auto Hotkey program from http://www.autohotkey.com/ it is possible to get a full and general solution. Assuming you don't use function keys F8 and F9 follow the Auto Hotkey instructions and add these two lines to the end of the script file:-

#NoTrayIcon
F8::!Left
F9::!Right

Save this file to the Windows Startup folder so it runs at bootup. This should program the keys to give universal browser back and forward. [For XP the startup folder is /Documents and Settings/<user name>/Start Menu/Programs/Startup]

Then use  Lenovo Mouse Suite for setting Scroll Wheel Tilt Left to "Assigned Key" and press F8. Similarly set Scroll Wheel Tilt Right to "Assigned Key" and press F9.

Really though this is a lot of bother and Alt+Left and Alt+Right should be options directly in Lenovo Mouse Suite.

erik

Re: Browser back and forward buttons for Lenovo Thinkpad bluetooth laser mouse 4IU5009 MOBTC9L

welcome to the forum.

under  the "Scroll Wheel - Tilt Left" and "Scroll Wheel - Tilt Right" drop menus, there are options called "Backward" and "Forward".   these work as forward and backward functions in browsers.   i just tested this with my TPBT mouse and it works as advertised.

make sure that when you're scrolling through the drop menus you either have your mouse set to scroll line-by-line or you scroll the menu manually using the arrow.   my guess is that you somehow scrolled past the "Backward" and "Forward" menu items since they're immediately under "Backspace".

this is the least untruthful answer i can give.Microsoft MVP

Fanfold Paper
deltazero

[ Edited ]

On my machine the forward and back buttons of the TPBTLM also don't work. In Opera they scroll up and down. And in Internet Explorer they change the screen orientation even though the Tilt left and right is set to back and forward... Windows XP on a T400 with Lenovo Mouse Suite 6.23. I would be glad if someone could help. Thank you and kind regards, deltazero

Message Edited by deltazero on 07-31-2009 11:54 AM
Paper Tape
fzahn

Hi,

i had the same problem with my 41U5008 Bluetooth Laser Mouse. To get it working I just deinstalled the

software supplied with the mouse. With Windows 7 standard mouse driver the scroll wheel has

back and forward functionality in IE and in Firefox.

This works perfect for me and until now I did not found out, for what I need the special device driver supplied with the mouse....

Hope, this helps..

Florian

What's DOS?
jleslie1

Hi,

I have a 41Y5008 MOBTC9L thinkpad blueetooh mouse. The scroll function DOES work on IE and Google Chrome, but it DOES NOT work on Firefox. It does not work also when I run Autocad program.

I tested my other mouse and it works perfectly on any program.

I did upgrade the driver to the latest version already (v 6.31)

Can you help? Many thanx

leslie

Fanfold Paper
deltazero

Hi! I also have a Thinkpad Bluetooth Laser Mouse and I use it without a driver since forward/backward in my browser by pitching the mouse wheel only works when I have no driver installed... Maybe you'd like to try that. Good luck! Kind regards delta
Blue Screen Again
Zuxy

It might work for Backward and Forward but I'd rather use tilt for tabbed browsing. That is, tilt left means switching to the tab on the left, and tilt right to the tab on the right. That corresponds to "ctrl-shift-tab" and "ctrl-tab" respectively.

I'd buy a logitech one solely due to lack of this feature if the mouse suite software still accepts only a single key. Lenovo should fix it as simulating a single key is simply useless.