Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
aokec

HELP: Thinkpad bluetooth laser mouse not working

Hey guys I just spent hours trying to get my mouse to work.

It was working fine until I reinstalled XP Home on my X200 laptop. I called Lenovo tech support, who wer e useless. All they keep doing is either tell you you've taken too much of their time and call back, or tell you to install some drivers and call back, or install more drivers and then again call back.

I tried installing and uninstalling Lenovo Mouse Suite and it seems like it's uninstalled since it's gone from the Programs menu but as soon as you try reinstalling the file (I downloaded it from the website) you get and error message saying it's already installed and only gives you the option of exiting the installation.

Thanks!.

EB
Serial Port
EB

Re: HELP: Thinkpad Bluetooth laser mouse not working

Dear aokec,

I encountered a similar problem.  Ultimately, it turned out that the mouse was broken.  Is the red light at the bottom of the mouse on?  Is wireless switched on?  Are the batteries OK?  Replace them anyway.

Until I discovered a defect with the mouse, I was completely befuddled. If the mouse is inoperative, nothing else will solve the problem.  Check it out.  Good luck!

EB

What's DOS?
DOS182

Re: HELP: Thinkpad bluetooth laser mouse not working

My bluetooth laser mouse is also not working. The mouse suite finds it and it will click but it won't scroll at all. Is it just broken? Any tricks to these things?

EB
Serial Port
EB

I don't know if there are any tricks.  You can install the mouse on a different computer and see if it works.

What's DOS?
aokec

Re: HELP: Thinkpad bluetooth laser mouse not working guys

Hey guys

the mouse doesn't work even with new batteries.

It powers on fine, but it doens't sync

Also the mouse suite won't install now for some reason. XP detects a "newer version" on it which I'm supposed to uninstall first before installing it again. However, it looks like the software was uninstalled already from my point of view.

EB
Serial Port
EB

Re: HELP: Thinkpad Bluetooth laser mouse not working guys

Dear aokec,

I discovered that my mouse was defective before I called customer service.  Their response in replacing the item was fantastic.  The new unit arrived overnight.

In your instance, I suggest that you call customer service; they will likely walk you through the potential hardware and software solutions.

One does become dependent on the mouse and it is frustrating not to have it.  The warranty is one year and from your first post, it seems as if you are covered.  As to your previous problems with customer service, present this as a hardware problem to get it out of the software group.  Beyond that, I've exhausted my suggestions for you.

Regards.

EB
Serial Port
EB

Re: HELP: Thinkpad Bluetooth laser mouse not working guys

One final thought:  If you replaced the batteries in the mouse and it is still not working, that seems to be clear evidence that the mouse is defecive.

Paper Tape
WizardOfSAS

My issue is that the mouse works after I turn off then turn on the Bluetooth radio in my PC. After 30 seconds the mouse stops working. I have replaced the batteries thrice and that did not help.