Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
GregoryCool
Accepted Solution

How do I make a Lenovo 8Gb USB stick bootable?

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I am hoping that someone can advise me.

I purposely bought a number of 8Gb Lenovo USB sticks with the intention of making them bootable so that I can quickly load up operaing systems onto new devices. But can I? No way.

The lousy KeyLock software does not allow one to do this.

I can't delete or resize the partions and I can't delete the KeyLock system files (attrib type commands do not work).

I have searched around for some assistance and found this : http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-43556

But this doesn't seem to work on this particular USB Lenovo model (ASM 41U3008, FRU 41U3009).

Is anyone able to advise? At the moment, these USB sticks are useless and a complete waste of money. Is it because I bought the ULTRASECURE version? But surely there is a workaround?

Kind regards.

GC

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: How do I make a Lenovo 8Gb USB stick bootable?

hey GregoryCool,

curious to know, are you able to make a bootable USB stick from a different manufacturer ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
GregoryCool

Hi,

Yes, I have - but that was on a USB stick that did not have security software on it.

I bought these sticks because they were a perfect size - 8gb - and had hoped that I would have the option to choose whether or not to install the security software. It appears that this is not possible.

Kind regards.

GC

Retired Employee
Serge1410

the security option is already embedded in the hardware of the USB stick.

thus it is not possible to remove.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-75873

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.