Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
802.11n
JNavas

Lenovo Mouse Suite updates

[ Edited ]

My ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse is a truly terrific device except the mouse software seems to get confused about the state of mouse buttons ever so often. (See ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse buttons stop working) So naturally I'm hoping there might be a software update that would correct the problem. I've been using Lenovo Mouse Suite version 6.47, and with searching I find there's now version 6.48, which raises a couple of questions:

1. Is there any way to get notified of Lenovo Mouse Suite updates?

Apparently it does not check for available updates itself.

2. How should Lenovo Mouse Suite be updated?

The Read Me does not say whether the update can be installed over an older version

or if an older version must first be removed.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Having gotten no response here, I decided to try installing version 6.48 over version 6.47.

Install failed to detect that I already had a ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse installed and configured,

forcing me to detect the mouse and pair it again. This shouldn't have been necessary.

Installation otherwise seems normal and working properly. This should be documented in the Read Me.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]
Token Ring
martiniturbide

Re: Lenovo Mouse Suite updates

Hi.

1.- Sorry, I think there no way to update Lenovo Mouse Suite, yet.

I think lenovo should add Mouse Suite to "System Updates". That will be nice.

For the moment the best way to get the last version is to google "lenovo mouse suite 64bits".

2.- I always upgrade to the newer "Lenovo Mouse Suite" by installing it over the old one. I never had any issues with it.

AFAIK today the last version is 6.63 - 04 Feb 2013 .

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-67201

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
- Lenovo. Please unlock the Thinkpad Tablet bootloader
- Thinkpad Tablet 1838-22U
- Thinkpad L420 - 7853-3WS
- Thinkpad R51 - 1830-PS0
- ScrollPoint Pro Mouse
802.11n
JNavas

Re: Lenovo Mouse Suite updates

[ Edited ]

martiniturbide wrote:
1.- Sorry, I think there no way to update Lenovo Mouse Suite, yet.

I think lenovo should add Mouse Suite to "System Updates". That will be nice.

For the moment the best way to get the last version is to google "lenovo mouse suite 64bits".

2.- I always upgrade to the newer "Lenovo Mouse Suite" by installing it over the old one. I never had any issues with it.

AFAIK today the last version is 6.63 - 04 Feb 2013 .

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-67201

Thanks. I'm already running Lenovo Mouse Suite 6.63.

My own method for staying on top of Mouse Suite updates is with a Google Alert (All results, Once a week):

"ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse" "Lenovo Mouse Suite" "Windows 7" "Driver for" "en_US" site:support.lenovo.com

You're right, this really should be handled by Lenovo System Update.

Hope that helps,
John
ThinkPad T420s [ i7-2640M CPU | 8GB RAM | 1TB SSD | Bay Battery | BT | Webcam | FR | Win7Pro64 ]