Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del

Lenovo ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse & Windows 7

The Lenovo ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse doesn't work fine after the OS was upgraded from Windows Vista Pro to & Windows 7 Pro in my ThinkPad X301. In the Microsoft Outlook 2007 and the Word 2007 (SP2) programs, the mouse only works for commands: it is unusable in the window where the text is typed. I tried the Lenovo "bluetooth_laser_mouse.zip" and "tp_bt_laser_mouse.exe" packages or patches unsuccessfully. It is a real pain try to use this mouse under Windows 7. It was working fine under Windows Vista Pro before.

The installed software is:

1. Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager -> BLUETOOTH RADIOS -> Two installations: 1.1) Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator (Driver: Microsoft 21-Jun-06 v6.1.7600.16385); 1.2) ThinkPad Bluetooth 2.1 with Enhanced Data Rate (Driver: Broadcom 15-Jun-09 v6.2.0.9000).
2. Computer -> Properties -> Device Manager -> MICE AND OTHER POINTING DEVICES  -> Two installations: 2.1) ThinkPad Bluettoth Laser Mouse (Driver: Lenovo 06-May-09 v1.9.0.9); 2.2) ThinkPad Ultranav (Driver: Alps 21-Jul-09 v7.202.1616.204).

I would appreciate any help in order to solve this annoying mouse behavior.

What's DOS?
DelphaPG

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse & Windows 7

I have a problem like yours. Just that my lenovo bluetooth lasermouse doesn't works at all.

I can see my mouse in bluetooth divices, but there is no response then i move it.

If you fix the problem, i'll like to hear.

Ctrl-Alt-Del

Of course. The problem was finally solved recently by Lenovo. Please see:

1) General information: http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-73971

But AFTER, Lenovo posted the solution. The Web Page says:

"Patch to fix compatibility issue between Client Security Solution 8.3 and Microsoft Office 2007 - Windows 7 32bit and 64bit."

Please download the Patch here:

2) http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-74151

To me, the problem was solved in a prox. a 95%. I've full mouse operation in Outlook and Word.

Enjoy!

Punch Card
ATPon43

I had the same problem with my ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse recently. I'm using Win7 Pro64 and have had the mouse stop working after it falls asleep. I had to restart the system or reinstall the drivers every time I wanted to re-engage the mouse... So frustrating.

The trick to make it work was:

1. open Device Manager.

2. open Bluetooth Radios menu.

3. go to your Bluetooth driver (not the Microsoft one).

4. go to Power Management tab.

5. UNcheck the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

That should fix your failing BT devices. :smileyhappy:

Y550P, Win7 Pro 64bit
Fanfold Paper
UnclePen

I doubt this will help since my BT lasermouse quits while I am using it, and even though the device is showing under "Show Bluetooth Devices" it doesn't respond until a reboot.

Fanfold Paper
jhockema

I have the same problem. Win 7 professional 64 on X201. It is very annoying.

It is funny, but I had the same problem a couple of years ago with my then-new T61 and the TP BT mouse. Eventually, the problem went away, though I don't know how (software update?).

Now, I have a new computer, and a new mouse, and the same problem all over again!

Punch Card
eheikell

[ Edited ]

The solution (and problem source) is so obscure that it's no wonder nobody has found the solution.  It has to do with the USB Controller's Selective Suspend 'feature'.  Bluetooth devices are all run through the USB Controller, and there are bugs with certain controller's desire to suspend (for power saving purposes) any given port's power, seemingly at random, causing the Bluetooth devices connected to that port to stop working.  Turning off SelectiveSuspend for USB devices has no harmful effects, other than perhaps increasing power consumption.

The solution (promise this one works!) is as follows:

To disable selective suspend on all USB devices, do the following:

1. Open the Registry on the affected machine and navigate to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\USB.
  2. Edit or create a DWORD value named DisableSelectiveSuspend and then set it to a decimal value of 1.

Reboot the computer.

I have yet to lose my BT Mouse after doing this fix.  Please disregard the early post.  I'd delete it, but can't.

Eric

Punch Card
ATPon43

eheikell, that is not a solution. I tried it, mouse slept.
Y550P, Win7 Pro 64bit
Punch Card
eheikell

No, it is not, as I subsequently found. Sorry I've not gotten back to correct this post.

The solution (and problem source) is so obscure that it's no wonder nobody has found the solution.  It has to do with the USB Controller's Selective Suspend 'feature'.  Bluetooth devices are all run through the USB Controller, and there are bugs with certain controller's desire to suspend (for power saving purposes) any given port's power, seemingly at random, causing the Bluetooth devices connected to that port to stop working.  Turning off SelectiveSuspend for USB devices has no harmful effects, other than perhaps increasing power consumption.

The solution (promise this one works!) is as follows:

To disable selective suspend on all USB devices, do the following:

1. Open the Registry on the affected machine and navigate to the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\USB.
  2. Edit or create a DWORD value named DisableSelectiveSuspend and then set it to a decimal value of 1.

Reboot the computer.

I have yet to lose my BT Mouse after doing this fix.  Please disregard the early post.  I'd delete it, but can't.

Eric

What's DOS?
ah98836

This key doesn't even exist in mineregistry on  Windows 7 pro 64bits, lots of usb ones like usbhub etc but not only usb