Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Adamb

Lenovo USB webcam drivers fro windows 7 64bit

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my system to Windows 7 64bit and i'm having trouble finding drivers for my Lenovo webcam.

I've tried the drivers available from lenovo; none work. I've scoured the internet to no avail

Can anyone confirm if there are any compatable 64bit drivers to the lenovo usb webcam, and if so where can i download them from.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Adam

What's DOS?
Hindo13

Re: Lenovo USB webcam Installation Problem

I lost the CD pack for my Lenovo webcam so i am have trouble accessing my product serial number to complete installation. Where can i find that? I also have windows vista installed on my T61 notebook. Thanks for helping out.

Paper Tape
inspectorboyd

Re: Lenovo USB webcam drivers for windows 7 64bit

[ Edited ]

Hi Adam - I had a similar problem

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

I plugged my webcam in and Windows wasn't able to automatically install proper drivers for it. I went to the lenovo website and downloaded the latest Vista drivers and those didn't work either. Finally, I put the cd in that came with the webcam and installing from there everything worked properly.

If you do have the CD I recommend giving that try. If you don't, get in touch with me by replying here and i'll see if I can't upload an ISO for you or something. Good luck!

P.S. - This was a strange thing for me to research. Lenovo specifically states (here and here at bottom)  that the webcam isn't compatible and won't be supported on the Windows 7 platform. Microsoft states here that the webcam will work automatically in both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7 which I found to not be the case on my machine (by which I mean it didn't work just plugging it in, I needed to install the drivers from the CD).

So, in case you were trying to get to the bottom line on this like I was before purchasing - in my own experience on a Windows 7 64-bit machine - I was not able to install the Vista drivers from the lenovo website, even in various compatibility modes, and I finally was able to use the webcam by installing the drivers that came on the CD, which of course may be a problem if you're purchasing used.

Good luck!

Paper Tape
Adamb

Re: Lenovo USB webcam drivers for windows 7 64bit

Thanks InspectorBoyd,

I do have the CD and i have tried it. I will clear out all remnants of the device and attempted driver installs and try it again. I'm also running Win 7 Ultimate so the fact that you have had success is a good sign.

If that doesn't work i might be interested in gettting a copy of your CD as you may have different driver versions to me.

Thanks again for your reply.

Adam

Paper Tape
Adamb

ed teRe: Lenovo USB webcam drivers for windows 7 64bit

Hi InspectorBoyd,

tried installing from the CD without success... is there any chance i could get a copy of your CD to try.. really keen to get this camera working!

Cheers

Adam

Paper Tape
romek

Re: ed teRe: Lenovo USB webcam drivers for windows 7 64bit

Hello,

I have the same problem with my Lenovo USB WebCam under Windows 7 but 32bit.

Driver from lenovo webpages doesn't work at all under win7

If you have any idea what to do... please let me know.

Best regards,

Adam

Paper Tape
albfneto

Re: Lenovo USB webcam drivers fro windows 7 64bit

I dont have the CD for installation, the mine only works under XP...

In fact, the most recent drivers for Lenovo Web cam in Windows Vista, both for 32 or 64 bits, not works for the last upgrade windows 7.

Until this moment, i dont find any driver possible to use.

even the installed by the Microsoft online update... Not works!

I use Linux also... under Linux, web cam only works in the package Cheese, but not in aMSN or in Skype fr Linux.

Resuming, until this moment , it is not possible to use my Lenovo webcam in my comp.

Paper Tape
inspectorboyd

Adam, sorry I haven't checked this page in a while. It's so strange that it works on my computer...Why don't you e-mail me and i'll see if I can't just send you the installation files off the cd. Try perrinrand at g ma(sa;lkdf)il. com(puter)...........if you know what i mean.

Paper Tape
Adamb

Hi InspectorBoyd,

I've sent you an email, hopefully you get it. If not my email is: adambatey AT GeeMayel DOT com

Thanks for your willingness to help.. really appreciated!

Adam

Paper Tape
Adamb

**BUMP**

Hi Inspector Boyd,  I have tried emailing you.. think they may have ended up in your spam.

Still really keen to get those drivers of you if you are still willing to try?

Cheers

Adam