Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
pmorris710

N5902 Keypad remote Continuous loop

The N5902 remote came with my Q180 instead of a regular keyboard or mouse, one with each of two systems I ordered. 

One has worked fine, the other has not worked at all even once. When I plug the usb receiver in it just goes into a continuous loop of trying to mount and unmount, in device manager it pops up unknown device, then gone, then back usb device, then gone, then another error, then gone, and never stops. I tried the other remote in this pc, and it functions fine, and tried the trouble remote in the other pc, and same thing, as well as in a dell laptop I have, same thing. 

I have tried new batteries also with no improvement. 

I've tried submitting through the online support forms twice, a couple weeks apart, and no response is ever given, even though it says 24hr response. Is there any know issues like this? Or any thing that can fix it? What the heck is it doing?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,340

Re: N5902 Keypad remote Continuous loop

this most likely indicate a faulty usb receiver.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
pmorris710

Thats kind of what I figured, but I can't say the process for getting this kind of thing taken care of is as good as it should be. Is calling and getting the customer service runaround the only way to get it replaced? Obviously they are just ignoring the online submitted forms, either because they can/want to or because the people or tech isn't there to properly follow through for anyone online.

I'd hate to just toss the thing in a drawer new out of the package, and have to buy a proper keyboard mouse set up. Im wishing that this "upgrade" didn't come with my system if thats the case.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,249
Solutions: 1,340

just call Lenovo warranty support they should be able to take care of it for you.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft