Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
generic_dude786

No Wireless Connection in Range

Hello everyone,

I formatted my system a few days back and now I have run into some problems. 

I own a Lenovo G530 which came with Windows Vista pre-installed in it. But I had to format my system due to a virus attack and I downgraded it to Windows Xp Service Pack 3 and now I am unable to connect to my wireless home network. I downloaded and installed all the drivers that were given for XP on Lenovo's site but still am unable to connect to my home network. To make sure that there was no problem with the network itself I invited a friend over to my house who successfully connected to my home network. :smileysad:

Device manager shows that all the drivers are installed correctly. The wireless switch on my system is on. 

======

Details

=======

Model: Lenovo G530

Wireless: Broadcom Wireless 802.11g

Please advice.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: No Wireless Connection in Range

Hello generic_dude786 and welcome to community,

Uninstall the wireless lan driver and download the driver from the lenovo website

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/in/en/DriversDownLoads/Drivers_Show_218.html

Install the downloaded driver and check the version of the driver is 4.170.25.12

Press Fn+F5 key and make the wireless on, try connecting to the wireless network.

If the issue persist then uninstall Windows service pack 3 and run service 2.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!