Support in other languages: 
t_g
Paper Tape
t_g

Problem with ThinkPad USB Port Replicator with Digital Video #45K1611

Hi,

I bought a new Thinkpad Edge and a ThinkPad USB Port Replicator with Digital Video (#45K1611), but I do not use an external monitor. Each time starting Win 7, the display-settings are switching to the "Extension-mode" - but I don't use an external monitor and I have to apply the correct setting by pressing Win+P and selecting "Computer Only" (see screenshot).

Starting Win7 with the port replicator unplugged, the display settings are correct. How can I solve this problem? I don't want to correct the settings each time.

t.i.a.

Torsten

Lenovo Staff
solar

Re: Problem with ThinkPad USB Port Replicator with Digital Video #45K1611

I think there is an option in BIOS which sets which monitor/display port should be active as default. Can you try to go to BIOS and set it the way that default is ThinkPad LCD?

Jan Solar
Product Marketing
(not a technical support)
http://blog.lenovo.com/author/jsolar/
t_g
Paper Tape
t_g

Re: Problem with ThinkPad USB Port Replicator with Digital Video #45K1611

Sorry for anwering so late and thanks for your reponse.
I checked this and found a corresponding adjustment called "Boot Display Device" (in BIOS under Config / Display), but it had been already set to "ThinkPad LCD". But this was the only one in Bios, which have to do with Display.
I also tried to solve the issue by writing a short batch-file to set display-mode each startup. But it doesn't work, because after executing my batch-file, windows recognizes my portreplicator and changes the display mode back to "Extended".

Are there any solutions?

best regards.
Torsten