Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
vinaisundaram
Accepted Solution

Some keyboard keys not working

[ Edited ]

Sorry to ask this question here. I bought this keyboard (55Y9053) and installed the cd for windows7 (32 bit). But some keys are not working. My trackpoint seem to work fine. Did you have to install special drivers to make the keyboard work? 

Thanks for your reply.

Moderator edit: Matched subject to question.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,253
Solutions: 1,344

Re: ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint issues with scroll (55Y9003)

which model thinkpad computer are you trying to use with your keyboard?

Here is the compatibility list that i compiled.

http://leadorg.wordpress.com/technology/thinkpad-usb-keyboard-with-trackpoint-software/

Hopefully you will find some use for it.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
vinaisundaram

I installed it on my Thinkpad T400 and Dell Optiplex 755 both running windows 7. It's quite frustrating that basic keys like alphabet keys and return key won't work. I exchanged two times with Amazon. I ordered one from Lenovo. All of them having the same issue. I don't want to return the keyboard to Lenovo. Please help.

lead_org

even without drivers, the basic alphabet keys and returns key should work. I have tested this in over 35 machines including Dell laptop and desktop.
Regards,

Jin Li

Paper Tape
vinaisundaram

I have tried default drivers, drivers on the CDs, drivers on the IBM website. Our university IT systems people tried installing drivers as well. I replaced the keyboard 3 times from Amazon and even got one from Lenovo as well. All the keyboards worked fine on Ubuntu machines (Dell desktop, Thinkpad)  without a driver.  However, alphabet keys (i.o.u, return key) won't work on Windows 7 machines (Dell optiplex desktop, thinkpad T400 notebook). 

I called Lenovo but they wouldn't provide support as there is no warranty. I have no choice but to return the keyboard. I like the keyboard a lot and would like to use it if I can. PLEASE HELP.

lead_org

Not sure why it is happening on your machine, but they work fine on my Dell Precision Desktop and T400 with Windows 7 without any drivers.
Regards,

Jin Li

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi vinaisundaram,

That's a mystery. I've used these keyboards in a wide range of situations and never seen that. 

Exactly what happens with the keys which don't work? You press them and nothing happens, or the wrong thing happens? Any other keys than IOU and Enter which don't work?

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
vinaisundaram

Resolved! The numlock turns on by default when you connect to the computer. Thanks for your question. When I pressed the keys 'iou', nothing appeared on my Dell Optiplex Desktop whereas numbers 456 showed up on thinkpad. The numbers 456 gave away the problem. I still notice that numlock comes on randonly when I plug to different computer. Thanks to all replied. Hopefully, this experience would help someone in the future.