Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
watkincm

T500 - Advanced mini Dock - DVI/HDMI output working intermittently

Model 2081-cto; ATI Mobility Radeon 3650; Windows 7 x64; DVI out (via docking station) to HDMI on Viewsonic LCD (VX2435wm) @ 1920x1200

Configuration works fine for a while but, without warning, monitor suddenly loses input signal - sometimes for a second or two, other times permanently - and will continue to do this throughout the day at irregular intervfals.

All drivers are latest, monitor functions/diagnostics check out OK, OS logs no errors, DVI/HDMI cables have been tested (tried 3 so far), latest Bios - set for Discrete Graphics & PCI...

Any suggestions..?

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,232
Solutions: 1,315

Re: T500 - Advanced mini Dock - DVI/HDMI output working intermittently

the problem is usually hardware, it could be the dock, or the monitor, or in the unlikely case the laptop motherboard. Do you have another monitor to test the problem?

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Fanfold Paper
watkincm

Thanks for the response, lead_org...

Seems fairly conclusive that the monitor is the problem ...sadly, since it's out of warranty!

Tried two other monitors without experiencing the problem although, while both had DVI inputs, neither had HDMI input (mine has HDMI but no DVI), thus test condition(s) not absolutely identical.  So... tested my monitor on my wife's Thinkcentre using DVI-HDMI  - problem recurred.  I have a call in to Viewsonic TS

Meanwhile the problem may have been mitigated somewhat by the discovery that "closing lid" was set to "sleep". Probably wishful thinking but, since changing to "do nothing", the signal loss seems less frequent.

lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,232
Solutions: 1,315

2 of my Benq monitors have done the same thing.... so i got some experience in this. 

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft