04-30-2008 10:30 AM
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-19-2008 09:27 AM - edited 05-19-2008 10:40 AM
08-29-2008 07:00 AM
I have the same issue on a T61 running Vista.
I had some error messages, such as CORENOTINSTALLEDERROR.
Does not install from CD, I downloaded the Dispplay Link core, but still no luck.
So I tried to install as administrator, as you recommended; that also did not work. May try again.
Lenovo tech support has no clue; so I decided to no longer bother with them.
I really don't know where to go from here. Anyone...please help.
By the way, I tried to insatll it on an XP machine, worked fine (so far).
10-29-2008 07:16 PM - edited 10-29-2008 07:17 PM
Had this exact same issue. To resolve I pretty much did as suggested...
1. Uninstall Lenovo failed install. (The driver will still be installed even if you recieve the previously noted errors. You can uninstall from the CD or Program menu)
2. Delted the 2 files the installer created in the C:/Temp folder
3. Downloaded Driver version 1.0.1 Link
4. Activated the Local Administrator account...(Computer Management-->Local Users and Groups-->Users-->right click Administrator and select properties-->Uncheck Account is disabled option)
5. Logged in as the Local Administrator ("ComputerName"\Administrator)
6. Ran the installer with no errors.
Hope this helps.
Not completely satisfied with this product, but its clean and it works...now. Thumbs down to Lenovo for the bunked QC on this installer.
06-28-2011 10:07 AM
I'm having issues with the WinXP install of this..... It gets to a point then dies on USB ethernet.... I am logged in as administrator & have the necessary rights to install. Any ideas folks? This is really annoying! And nobody at Lenovo seems to be much help