Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Serial Port
gotGOLD

Re: ThinkPad Bluetooth Laser Mouse 41U5008

tdwhite,

Be sure that you test your mouse with and without other Bluetooth devices connected. In my case the mouse stops working properly after I have disconnected my cell phone's Bluetooth connection (Nokia E50 using Nokia PC suite). The mouse works fine after I have restarted my system given that I won't connect with my cell phone.

And no problem... I'm just glad to know that I'm not the only one who's having issues with this mouse. Otherwise I would have returned it but I really like how it looks and feels. :smileyhappy:

community supermod
erik

flakey TPBT mouse connections must have something to do with a device or driver conflict.   the problems i had on my T61p carried over to my X61 when i swapped hard drives (as in, it was the exact same installation on two different thinkpads) but not the X61 on a fresh installation (which worked perfectly).   it also works perfectly on my X300 under server 2008 32-bit and on my thinkstation D10 under server 2008 64-bit using a kensington USB micro bluetooth adapter.

this mouse is currently the only BT device i have paired with my systems so maybe that's why it's been ok.   i have a blackberry but sync it over cable because it's just as convenient as having to turn BT on and go through all the steps.

i wish i knew what to suggest as a permanent fix for everyone.   i'm confident that the mouse itself is perfectly fine.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Serial Port
gotGOLD

erik,

Yep, I think too that the mouse itself isn't the cause of my problems. I bet that I would encounter similar issues if I'd plug in another BT mouse... someone could actually try this out. I'd test it but I don't have an extra BT mouse laying around.

What's DOS?
jasong

I have used a bluetooth mouse for 3 years and I think this issue is the windows driver ( I will explain). I read with interest everyone has tried most things I have tried on the BT mouse disconnecting issue. I say this as I have seen the issue on Sony Vaio, Thinkpad and HP, also with logitech and Lenovo mouse, so I deduce it is not hardware issue itself. Also see issue when supporting Vista and XP machines.

There appears to be several implementations of XP built in Bluetooth drivers even between various T61 Thinkpad models. 

The orginal XP driver I have appears to work without any issue. The reason I say this is I have a Microsoft Bluetooth dongle from an early Logitech Mouse. The Dongle is not like other dongles that require a large driver. The microsoft dongle works in any XP machine I have used it on and detects and loads an internal driver. In three years it has never dropped mouse connection. The other drivers inbuilt to T61 Thinkpads appear different and more options but I get dropped connection. I have tried turning off BT power manager but still no fix.

This BT issue drives my customers mad so I now install Logitech Nano, works perfectly long battery life, I also noticed Kensington or Targus have released a nano so worth a try.

Paper Tape
tdwhite

Are you saying that the driver for the logitech nano works better on the T61 with the TPBT mouse?
Serial Port
gotGOLD

jasong,

Thank you for your input! Maybe I'll have to start playing around with different BT driver versions.

The thing is that I'd really want my mouse to work with the computer's internal BT. It would sound a bit daft to put in an external dongle just to get my mouse to work properly when I have BT built in.

community supermod
erik

tdwhite wrote:
Are you saying that the driver for the logitech nano works better on the T61 with the TPBT mouse?

the nano receiver is 2.4GHz wireless RF.   it's a different technology than bluetooth.   the drivers aren't interchangeable.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

What's DOS?
sluo

Dear Sir,

I just got a bluetooth laser mouse from Lenovo, and have trouble in setting it up.  I followed the instruction step by step, but the mouse can not be activated.  Can you kindly tell me how you got your bluetooth mouse up running?  Thank you very much!

Best,

--SL

Serial Port
gotGOLD

Sluo,

Have you istalled all the necessary software i.e. BT mouse drivers? What computer are you using? Are you sure that you have turned on your computer's Bluetooth? Does your computer have an internal Bluetooth?

I personally got the mouse working by simply putting in the batteries, turnin the mouse on, turning my computer's Bluetooth on and pressing the connect button on the mouse.  So the mouse should work even if there's nothing installed on the computer, or atleast so it  did with my T61.

Fanfold Paper
KnutA

Solved it (I think) :smileytongue:

At least the mouse has been connected for over 30 minutes now; new record by far!!!!!!

It was all about reading the fine print...

Download the latest bluetooth driver form Lenovo:

Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software for Windows XP, 2000 - ThinkPad 

...and READ the installation instruction, I mean really read :smileymad:

The two things I DID NOT do previously was:

1. "If any previous or current version of ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate Software is already installed on your ThinkPad, uninstall the software using Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel before installation".
  2. "During the installation, please do not touch the keyboard, the trackpoint, or the mouse."

#2 is the one that makes all the difference! I got interrupted with a message during installation, and the installation got ruined. Then I did it all over again, turned off everything that could disturb during installation, and then installed. Also, I restarted the computer afterwards (instead of just logging off and on).

Good luck to you all!

Regards

btw: now it's 35 minutes :smileywink: