Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
ixify

ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint issues with scroll (55Y9003)

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

I am having issues with this  keyboard...

I ordered it to use it  on my work where I have Dell Vostro desktops.

However scroll simply doesn't work in all programs and even stops working ... I also using VM and it doesn't work at all in VMWARE even if you point inside it it still operates at host system !? Weird...

I have installed latest drivers 1.01 but nothing... So when I removed all drivers and just keep default scroll work as default but still not in all programs and not in VM Ware, etc... Just to be clear my regular mouse scroll works in all and works properly...

Is it possible that this keyboard will work only on Thinkpads used as external keyboard ?

There are two things to be installed when I start a disk one is driver and second one is some interface driver which can be only installed on Thinkpads ?! Couldn't be that that thing is missing when running on non Thinkpad systems?

Any help how to make scroll work in all programs?

Thanks.

Moderator edit: Removed UltraNav from the title. This keyboard just has a TrackPoint.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: Ultranav Usb Keyboard issues with scroll (55Y9003)

I have the ThinkPad USB keyboard on a non-Lenovo desktop, and it works.

Yes the keyboard driver installs, but not the Lenovo System Interface Driver, for obvious reasons. All the buttons and TrackPoint work.

Yes the TrackPoint does not scroll in all programs. Search the community for "trackpoint scroll fix" and you will come up with instructions on how to fix this.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Ctrl-Alt-Del
ixify

Re: Ultranav Usb Keyboard issues with scroll (55Y9003)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for reply...

However I am having difficulties to find the fix. I see people fixing their TP4scrol.dat but I don't have that file on my desktop where I have installed the drivers for Keyboard?

The files I have are :

DeviceFile
FR
GR
IT
JP
SKHOOKS.DLL
SKOSD.DLL
SKUtil.DLL
SP
SkHidKbd.dll
Skd8855.exe
US
list.txt
ltpCPL.dll
ltpPoint.exe
ltpScroll.exe
ltpSvc.exe

in directory: C:\Program Files\Lenovo\ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint\

is that the same that you have or I have some old driver?

Thanks

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint issues with scroll (55Y9003)

Hi ixify,

You are right, it's not as straightforward as I thought. The common way to allow TrackPoint scrolling in new applications is by editing the tp4table.dat file. But the ThinkPad USB Keyboard software doesn't appear to have that file! I have that file on my system because I'm using the same driver I used for my old SpaceSaver II TrackPoint keyboard.

The only idea I have involves bushwacking: Uninstall the official driver and install a ThinkPad TrackPoint driver (e.g. this one) so you have tp4table.dat.

Anyone else tackled this problem?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
ixify

Thanks bananaman,

However I can not install this driver on non-Lenovo system...

Setup doesn't start... of course...

Is there any way to override this easy ?

Lenovo should be able to give a solution for this or this keyboard doesn't make sense for non-lenovo desktops...

:smileysad:

Community SuperMod
bananaman

ixify, can you list a couple of programs where scroll doesn't work properly? In actual fact its working OK for me in all my apps, but I'm not using VMWare, mainly office apps.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
ixify

[ Edited ]

It doesn't work in: 
Total Commander,

Oracle SQL Navigator,

in Opera doesn't function properly start scrolling first time then looses focus very strange

in VMWare if you point out to a window and start scrolling it actually scrolls in HOST :smileyvery-happy: - this is the most crazy one

in Skype

in all other custom tools we have...

it works in Office Internet explorer, etc...

Additional info: When I uninstall driver, scroll works better then with the driver. It works actually in VM only like  standard mouse middle click (it shows the arrows for scrolling) and when you move cursor it scrolls... For me it is acceptable but still doesn't work in Total Commander, custom executables, etc...

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi ixify!

I note that a new driver was posted a few days ago. Have you tried it?

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-73235

Unfortunately I'm "away from the office" for a while so can't yet try it on mine.

Punch Card
Albori

This new driver is great. There is no more gradual memory leaking and scrolling works properly in Opera now. Those are the main things I noticed going horribly, horribly wrong with the last driver.

Thanks for letting us know!

Fanfold Paper
timpani

[ Edited ]

bananaman wrote:

Hi ixify!

I note that a new driver was posted a few days ago. Have you tried it?

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-73235

Unfortunately I'm "away from the office" for a while so can't yet try it on mine.

The new driver of version 1.02 is good. However there still exists one issue for the scrolling.

I don't know why scrolling with the middle button always sends a signal of Ctrl+K. This causes the cursor jump into the search bar when using firefox, and hence it's a big problem!

Also some programs I'm using are not supported for scrolling, such as Winedt, YAP, VirtualBox... I think the file tp4table.dat is strongly needed.