Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
mabellon

Re: ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint issues with scroll (55Y9003)

Hi Irfan,

See Albori's response above where he mentions the use of "Keyconfig extension" and disabling Ctrl-K. This worked quite well for me.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Ctrl-Alt-Del
ixify

Thanks I got it.

Punch Card
George3534

Another problem with the middle button scroll is that it does not work properly with Microsoft Word 2007.  If the document map is showing, you cannot scroll in the main window.

G

Ctrl-Alt-Del
ixify

Is there any way that Lenovo fix this problem or just put the driver open source so we can tweak it ?!

I am really disappointed it sucks... Keyboard is so good but I start using external mouse instead of trackpoint :smileysad:

Paper Tape
wiLD0kl

Standard scrolling in Firefox 3.6.2 and Opera 10.51 isn't working for me either. Does anyone have a clue how to get it working? Is there an official word on this?

Details:

Thinkpad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint 1.02 Driver (Nov 6, 2009)

Windows 7 Enterprise x64

Ctrl-Alt-Del
ixify

"See Albori's response above where he mentions the use of "Keyconfig extension" and disabling Ctrl-K. This worked quite well for me."

Anybody knows how to get any official response to this drivers why this is so complicated is it because we don't have lenovo tools installed on non-lenovo machines?

Paper Tape
jelenko

Well, as we all know now, keyconfig is not compatible with Firefox 3.6.3:smileymad:

Are there any other known work arounds?

Thanks!

Paper Tape
Slang

No idea, sorry. :smileysad:

I'm also a little annoyed about the driver. I bought the keyboard a few days ago and it's great, but the drivers [i]could be better[/i] (not to say they suck). I also miss the ability to use an ordinary middle click by shortly clicking the middle mouse button (while still being able to use the scroll feature by pressing and holding the middle mous button - the way it's usually done in Linux/X11).

Until a few days ago I knew a quite reasonable replacement called Mouse Imp Pro Live. It lets you scroll in most applications without any specific configuration, but it behaves like pressing and holding the left mouse button on the scroll bar, so the cursor is moved as well. And besides, it doesn't work on x64 Windows systems. :-/

But for those with a 32-Bit-Windows it might be an alternative until we get some proper drivers from Lenovo.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
ixify

[ Edited ]

I have to admit that this Mouse Imp Pro Live is very much solution for problems we found so far.

In Outlook and Skype doesn't work properly but in most of others it is fairly OK.

Just disable original scrolling  in old TrackPoint driver.

Thanks Slang !

Fanfold Paper
deltazero

In case anybody needs a solution for Windows 7 x64: DeskSoft's ScrollNavigator works fine with the keyboard. Unfortunately it's not free, but great software. Btw really great company: in version 3.30 they only supported to scroll when holding down the right mouse button. I wrote an email to their support and asked if they could add a function to scroll when the middle mouse button is pressed and two days later they added the new function... :-) (http://www.desksoft.com/ScrollNavigator_Version.htm)