Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
gschlact

Re: ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint issues with scroll (55Y9003)

I followed your instructions to the 'T".  I have the slightly newer 55Y9053 keyboard (just trackpoint no pad USB, Windows 7, 64bit)

My issue is that the Scrolling does not behave properly within an Explorer WIndow for a file list.  If I try to scroll, it thinks I want to drag a file or folder instead of activating the scrolling.    Also, on the left folder list of the Explorer window, it doesn't scroll at all, again no activation.

What can I do?

-Guy

Paper Tape
gschlact

FOllowing up here on the USB Trackpoint scroll problem issue

I now installed driver tpusbkybdwtrackpoint_106.exe  which is User Interfact v1.06 but only driver version 1.000 (per the release notes).  This helps but still issues remail.   [model: Lenovo Thinkpad Tt410,  Win7 x64]

Press center click button and you get the mouse to change into a scroll-bar, pull back on joystick and scroll in most applications.

ISSUE:  Outlook 2007 -  in the Calendar you center click, get the scroll indicator, but it appears locked when you pull on joy stick.  Same in the Mail, left had folder pane, doesn't work.   BUT in the right side message pane it does scroll. 

THIS is definitely a driver issue for this external keyboard (55Y9053) since the built-in keyboard does everything the same (center click and scroll-indicator appears) but it Works when you pull back on the stick.

How do we get an updated Driver????

Thank you.

Guy

gschlact

Paper Tape
yohel

Hi, 

I've faced the same scrolling problem with my new 55Y9053 keyboard using latest tpusbkybdwtrackpoint_106.exe driver on Windows 7x32.

In Firefox scrolling with trackpoint scrolls through the search box. 

I'm on Firefox 4 RC right now and keyconfig isn't supported for this FF version yet. Doeas anyone have any suggestions on how to make normal scrolling in FF working?

Also is there any kind of online petition regarding the buggy keyboard driver to Lenovo? I'd sing one with pleasure.

Thanks!

What's DOS?
brianksc

Hello,

I have the exact same problem with the 55Y9053.  I have several of these keyboards and have been using them since they came out.  I love this keyboard but this problem is really annoying me.  Hopefully there can be a fix soon.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Anyone seeing the FireFox scrolling problem (scroll up opens the search page), please post this information:

1. What PC are you using?

2. What Windows OS are you running?

3. Service patch (SP1/2/3)?

Thanks!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Retired Employee
JameZ

Also let us know if when you use the scroll function on your thinkpad, does the scroll feature work properly.

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Fanfold Paper
mabellon

Fanfold Paper
mabellon

I have 2 different desktops using the ThinkPad USB Keyboard. Both systems are running Windows7 (now SP1). In FF3.6 & FF4 when using the scroll function, window focus immediately jumps to the search box. It appears that the keyboard somehow issues CTRL+K [Firefox keyboard shortcut]. In the past I have tried Firefox extensions which remove the CTRL+K shortcut. This eliminate the issue and allows proper scrolling.

I have a 3rd system, a Thinkpad x61 which also runs Windows7. Using the normal laptop keyboard on this Thinkpad, Firefox scrolling performs correctly without the need for Firefox extensions. (This laptop has run XP, Vista, Win7, etc and scrolling has always worked.) On a side note, I've never tried the USB keyboard connected to this laptop.

Running the latest v1.06 driver.

I'd love to get this fixed and generally improve scrolling for this keyboard. Willing to experiment and collect data traces as necessary.

Paper Tape
yohel

1. Some HP desktop system (PC)
2. Windows 7 x86 ENG
3. SP1

Firefox 4/IE9/Chrome 9/Opera 11

thanks for your help!
Paper Tape
ForestGump

Hi

I have 55Y9082 USB Keyboard with Trackpoint and do have the same problem.

Driver version is 1.06.

T60

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1

In some applications scroll function doesn't work.

For example, in Outlook 2007 if you open Contacts window to add person to address field of e-mail, scroll doesn't work in contacts window.

I have few hundreds of contacts so it very uncomfortable to use Outlook.

Is there any solution to resolve this issue?

Also at the same time the trackpoint built-in in my T60 notebook works fine in all application and in contacts window too, but it works with another icon during pressing center button and acting little bit differently.

Is it possible what scroll function of external trackpoint on 55Y9082 would works just same as built-in trackpoint?

Thanks.