Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
kobin

Re: ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint issues with scroll (55Y9003)

The problem is resolved at the drivers 1.0.7 release on Apr 20 2011.

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Hi kobin, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

Thanks for reporting that!

For others, here's the direct link to the update. Tell us how it goes!

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?sitestyle=lenovo&lndocid=MIGR-73235

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Paper Tape
gschlact

NOT RESOLVED : ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint issues with scroll (55Y9003)

I have installed v1.07  two times, but the Properties on teh Driver still report v1.00 but i know it installed properly.

System -> Device Manager -> Mice -> Thinkpad USB TarckPoint -> Properties -> Driver says v1.00   6/17/2009

After more closely reading,

the Update is purely to the User Interface (the tab under Control Panel -> Mouse -> USB Trackpoint

PROBLEM UNRESOLVED... 

Lenovo T410   WIndows 7  x64 Professional

In OUTLOOK 2007, in the Left Pane for Mail Folders, the Mouse Middle Button + Ultranav (FOR Scrolling) STILL DOES NOT WORK.   I press the middle button, pull back on the stick, the mouse icon changes into a mini-vertical scroll bar, but NO Scroll Action occurs.  However, For most all of my other application it works fine.  In fact, it even works in the actual Mail Message pane but not this left pane  WHY??

Functionality works perfectly using built-in T410 UltraNav driver for the built-in keyboard center-mouse+Pointing stick device.

**bleep**???

-Guy

gschlact

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Re: NOT RESOLVED : ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint issues with scroll (55Y9003)

Hi gschlact!

Sorry to hear that :smileysad:. 1.07 fixed the FireFox scrolling problem for me, but apparently not your Outlook 2007 issue.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
community supermod
erik

Re: NOT RESOLVED : ThinkPad USB Keyboard with TrackPoint issues with scroll (55Y9003)

[ Edited ]

if the scrolling data from version 1.00 works in your applications, here's the hack i've been using to combine firefox compatibility with the memory leak fix from version 1.06.

step 1:  install version 1.06 (or 1.07) on your system.

step 2:  make a copy of the c:\program files\lenovo\thinkpad usb keyboard with trackpoint\ directory

step 3:  uninstall the driver (no need to reboot if prompted)

step 4:  install version 1.00 on your system

step 5:  open task manager and end the process for Skd8855.exe

step 6:  copy the following files from the backup of your 1.06/1.07 directory to the new 1.00 directory

- Skd8855.exe

- SkHidKbd.dll

- SKHOOKS.DLL

- SKOSD.DLL

- Skutil.dll

step 7:  double-click the newly copied Skd8855.exe to start the application

this process melds the scrolling functionality from version 1.00 with the updated version of Skd8855.exe.   i've been running this hack since i got my keyboard last year but never thought to write about it until now. :smileysurprised:

while i haven't had any known issues with this combination under windows server 2008 R2 and 2008 R2 SP1, please use at your own risk.   combining these components is officially untested and in no way endorsed by myself, this forum, or lenovo.

with that said, now that 1.07 appears to give me what my 1.00+1.06 hack provided, i'll be using 1.07. :smileywink:

if there are enough requests, i will rewrite my instructions above with images to create a proper guide.   in the meantime i hope this is of benefit to someone.

ThinkStation C20Microsoft MVP
ThinkPad X1C · X220 · X60T · s30

Fanfold Paper
mabellon

Installed 1.07, which finally resolved scrolling in Firefox (4). That was probably the most annoying one. Thanks.

I can however confirm that the Outlook Folder pane does not scroll (Outlook 2010). [This one hasnt been bugging me, but I thought I would jump in to confirm similar behavior]

A lot of software still doesnt work (as I expected due to non-standard UI frameworks). These include iTunes, Zune software, etc. Also, as expected, remote desktop does not scroll.

Serial Port
deshilachado

Same problem here:

I have a ThinkPad USB Keyboards with TrackPoint (55Y9067 or 55Y9017).

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-73183.html

I downloaded the newest driver which is currently 1.07

My PC is a Dell Precision T3400 with Windows 7 Enterprise 64bit.

Scrolling with middle button

works nicely in Firefox, Notepad++, ...

works too fast in Acrobat Reader, Internet Explorer, ...

works not at all in IrfanView, Matlab, SumatraPDF, Dymola, ParaView, ...

I scanned my PC for tp4table.dat, but it is not present on my computer.

Maybe I will try the Marble Mouse Scroll Wheel software as recommended before,

but I would prefer an official solution from Lenovo.

Paper Tape
tomas_krizek

Hi guys,

anybody experiencing problems when scrolling with the USB keyboard in MS Excel?

I am using

Lenovo X61

Win XP Pro

MS Office 2003

driver version 1.07 (official from the CD)

keyboard version 55Y9011 (CZ keyboard)

I am experiencing these two problems:

FF 6.0 - scrolling down moves down the cursor (not the "mouse" cursor but a text-selecting cursor that is activated by the scrolling trackpoint - combination of the middle button and trackpoint) through the lines so at the beginning the screen does not move (until the text cursor reaches the bottom of the page) and then it moves too fast (moves down then up and so on).

- this issue might be probably fixed by inserting the about:config into the adress bar and changin ui trackpoint from -1 to 1

What is more annoying is the Excel issue:

- the scrolling works but the user does not have any control over the scrolling - once it scrolls too fast, then it does not scroll at all, then it continuously freezes, etc. Since my work is done 90% in excel and I bought the keyboard just because of the trackpoint, the keyboard is almost useless for me...

Will anybody help please? I have also tried to install the 1.00 driver version but all the links to the driver has been broken. Is it possible to post the driver somewhere?

Any ideas what to do about the Excel issue? I can even pay :-)

When using the laptop keyboard I do not experience any problems even when the external keyboard is pluged in.

Please help...!

Community SuperMod
bananaman

Short discussion about a different problem, with solution, moved to a separate thread.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
ixify

Hi Guys, 

Totally new issue with my keyboard.

All of a sudden it stopped working seems like after windows updates.

Keyboard works in BIOS and before windows loads.

Now I can not get it to be installed and I have yellow icon on it in device manager.

I tried installing new 1.07 driver still device doesn't work. 

If I plug it in my other computer keyboard works. 

Please help.

Irfan