Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
corbin31
Accepted Solution

Thinkpad Advanced Mini Dock (250410U) Display Won't Extend

[ Edited ]

I have a T400 (2764 CTO with a Radeon HD 3400), an Acer 23" monitor, and an Advanced Mini Dock (Part 250410U, Model 2504). I am trying to extend the display from the T400 to the Acer monitor through a VGA cable. When I plug the monitor directly into the laptop, the display extends. However, when I dock the T400 and connect the monitor to the Mini Dock, I can't get a signal to the monitor. Any thoughts? Thank you.

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Thinkpad Advanced Mini Dock (250410U) Display Won't Extend

hey corbin31,

welcome to the forums.

for this, have you updated the BIOS of your T400 ? this could help.

anyway, the Acer monitor that you're using, is it one of those monitors that needs a separate power supply or is it one of those which can draw power from the VGA cable ?

another thing you can do is to check at http://support.lenovo.com and see if there is any graphic driver updates for your unit.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,234
Solutions: 1,323

does the same behaviour occur with the Intel GPU mode?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Blue Screen Again
corbin31

I played around it with it some more and I didn't have the laptop pushed far enough into the dock. It seems there are two points at which the laptop clicks while pressing it into the dock. I had already updated the BIOS and now the display extends in Intel GPU mode and with the Radeon. Thanks for your help.