Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
zovoth

USB Port Replicator 2nd monitor doesn't work on restart with Vista

Greetings wise wizards of Lenovo:

I'm helping a friend with the USB Port Replicator, who is running Windows Vista Home Premium on her Acer laptop. She has all of the necessary hardware requirements, and I've installed the Lenovo USB Port Replicator drivers with once with Vista (automatically installing the drivers), once with the CD, and finally from the Lenovo website. The problem is that the port replicator works fine upon installation, but as soon as Vista is restarted, not only does a second monitor not appear automatically, it doesn't appear at all.

Connecting the second monitor to the laptop VGA port works fine, and I can extend the desktop across both the laptop and the second monitor... it is only a problem on restart with the port replicator. I've uninstalled and resintalled three times now, once with letting Vista provide the drivers automatically, once with the CD, and once with the website download.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Zovoth

What's DOS?
edgeict

Re: USB Port Replicator 2nd monitor doesn't work on restart with Vista

Hi

I have purchased a new E420 Lenovo laptop with M01060 usb port replicator, unfortunatly does not work properly when we connect the monitor

Blue Screen Again
yodismike

Re: USB Port Replicator 2nd monitor doesn't work on restart with Vista

Mines not working on XP. Works fine until I re-boot then I have a hard time getting it to work. I've tried unplugging the ac adapter, usb, tried switching my monitors and still nothing. Both monitors are functioning properly. The icon for the repilicator does not show up down the clock. It's in my program files with the only option to uninstall.

Comon Lenovo, there hasn't been an answer to this question since 2008???