Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
CPDI

Re: Unable to detect Thinkpad Secure USB Hard Drive - 500GB

It is not detected in the BIOS.

This is the site where my device info is not accepted:

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/product-service/warranty-status/default.page?

Same requirements were asked when I phoned the support number for Canada. Info provided that I read out from the back label does not ring a bell on their system. And that's it cannot help anymore, maybe not included in the support binder that his reading from?

Can't seem to find the option to send you a private message so here are the info on the back label:

ThinkPad eSATA/USB Secure Hard Drive - 500GB

Serial Number: 005030

Manufactured: December 15 2010

Numbers above the bar code: 11S57Y4400ZVJ5J7005030

We purchased the unit on Feb 11, 2011.

Paper Tape
CPDI

Anybody from Lenovo want to continue??? Please advise so at least I know if I should just stop and junk your product. Can't believe this!

What's DOS?
shankarm

I am having the same problem, with the 320GB drive though.

In my case, I can see and read the Secure drive from my Mac.

On my PC running Windows 7 (where I have been primarily using it before), it does not get recognised. I do not see any drivers or software to be downloaded.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
jedavis99

I am having similar issues with the eSATA 500GB Secure HDD connected to a T410 with Win 64 Professional. I am now trying my 3rd drive because the tech support policy is to replace "parts" not debug them. My problems are varied:

Now, if I connect the drive and enter password, it is visible and runs ok. Then when I start Lenovo Thinkvantage Toolbox to access Backup, starting the Toolbox knocks the Secure Drive offline, it's invisible to the pc , but the green light is still on, but the system doesn't know it's there.

If I start the Toolbox, THEN connect the Secure Drive, the pc will recognize it, BUT Toolbox Backup can't see it.

On the last 2 drives I did get them online long enough to run the Disk Diagnostics and both drives failed running the random seek test.

I am ready to surrender and send it back for a refund. I've been playing this game for months until it finally became so bad   I can't backup my system. I'm open to suggestions, except to try a 4th drive!

Punch Card
bygnth345

[ Edited ]

"In my case, I can see and read the Secure drive from my Mac."

Exactly this, Mac uses higher powered USB ports which explains why. I've seen the same thing with many USB drives...works using Macs but not with PC